sixteen - promasaurus

it's prom season. even though i'm not a senior, it's still a pretty big deal.

i may have been single now for a few months but i really want a date to the prom. my dad's have been helping me pick out the perfect dress and sam has been telling me that he wants to go with mercedes.

i've been helping him with his suit and what to say to mercedes, some of which include-

macy looked at sam, spark notes in her hands.

"how about this?" sam asked and macy nodded, "hey babe, are you hot chocolate? because i could be your marshmallow."

she rolled her eyes, "even though that was somehow unintentionally racist, you won't be using that to ask her out."

definitely needs work.

macy sat next to rory in the french class they were taking and coach sylvester started to read out the prom royalty candidates.

"... are rick 'the stick' nelson. president brittany s, pierce and also finn hudson."

macy clapped and listened for the queens.

"missy gunderson. santana lopez and quinn fabray. congratulations to all our nominees- becky, becky, becky, that's an antique!"

macy flinched at the sudden yelling.

"i was robbed, coach!"

"i guess she wanted prom queen." macy said to rory and he nodded, also concerned.

"sometimes i forget that we're only juniors, so we don't actually get nominated till next year." macy said, though sam was watching mercedes, "ask her out, sam. just not with an awful pickup line."

sam didn't hear a word macy had said, he was too busy watching mercedes.

brittany stepped forward to announce something, "hello my fellow americans. the theme for this years prom will be... dinosaurs!"

"sheer genius." santana smiled.

"thank you." brittany smiled, "i was inspired by the new girl, joe, who reminds me of a cavewoman. the refreshments will be berries, meat and rainwater." joe looked at brittany with a very concerned look. she obviously wasn't aware that he, infact, wasn't a girl.

macy nodded.

"as you are no doubt aware, the u.s. elections are riddled with corruption. therefore, to keep prom elections completely aboveboard, i have appointed macy and quinn to count the ballots."

"that makes no sense." kurt said.

"shut it, richard simmons." santana shot back.

"yeah, quinn and i are friends but i don't one hundred percent trust her. after what happened last year with me hitting my head, we have never been on the same page."

"we'll keep each other honest."

"you know," mercedes sighed, "it's not actually a bad idea."

brittany continued, "and last but not least, all hair gel has been banned from the prom."

this was news to blaine, who laughed, "right."

"i'm actually not joking. hair gel was not invented until almost thirty million years after the upper paleolithic stone age and frankly, i don't like the way you look." she shrugged and macy snorted at the comment, "therefore anyone who shows up to prom wearing hair gel will be turned away at the door."

everyone was silent.

"i hereby decree this to be the best prom ever."

"dude, this is actually not that bad." macy said, eating the cafeteria spaghetti.