Chapter 17: SAVIOR?

Amaya-

"How many times do I have to tell you,Riri to put less sugar in my coffee?" I asked my assistant Riri,while she was just stealing glances at her phone and my face which was stoic. Her facial expressions were not usual as it reminded me that she's in
tension. "Are you okay?" I asked in a soft tone as she sighed and hesitatingly said,"My mother is calling me for an urgent.We are having dinner with my...Um,My in-laws." She said while looking down as i smiled and said,"That's it? You can go."

"Really? But the documents?" She asked as i replied,"It's fine. I'll manage them. You don't have to worry." Her face lit up immediately and she smiled widely. "Thank you so much, Ma'am. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Oh,wait..." She stopped and turned to me with a puzzled look as i said,"Keep flirting until the boy's face turns red." I said as she laughed and left. I looked back at my too-sweet-for-me coffee and my messy desk. Why the hell am i so messy?

...

"It's past 11:30,Amaya. Don't you wanna go home back?" Sam asked me as i was so busy with the current case.

A murder centering the family business. Three heirs but only one will get the throne. The will paper and the last wish. Being super rich is sometimes a curse for sure!

"Amaya?"

"Oh,I...i didn't notice you. Agh,Shit." I slapped my forehead as Sam stared at me with an annoyance.

"When will you be done?"

"I still have to finish the study of this file. Like 2 more hours."

"How will you get back home? You didn't bring your car either."
Sam asked while spinning the pen on his fingers.

"I'll manage...you do not have to worry,Sam." I said and got back to the paperwork.

He sighed and nodded while getting up and went away.

I kept tapping my pen on the desk while reading the papers.
Why the heck so much properties? Highlighting the important hints from Jonathan William's will paper and letter,
My suspension for His elder son grew more. Jefferson William. He's sus!

My phone suddenly buzzed from a upcoming call as i picked it up.
"Hello?" I said as the person replied,"Drop this case." Deep voice with hoarseness,sends shivers through my body as my body hair raised from the sensation.

"Who's this?" I asked with seriousness and nervousness as the man chuckled and said,"Your death if you don't do as i said."
What a f**ker!

"Oh,How sweet! Am i so special that the Grim Reaper is calling me on my phone and inviting in hell like it's a prom party?"

"Cut the crap ,drop the case. You don't have any idea who you're messing with." the man said with a hint of tauntness.

"Then,Hear me out very carefully. The case will continue,by me and at any cost."Said i cut the call and immediately noted down the number. I sent that to my friend Jennifer who's a cop and texted her to track the number. After that i kept the papers in one file and put that inside my drawer.

I took my jacket and put my hair in a bun. Grabbing my bag, I stepped out of my chamber and locked it through the passcode.

...