Chapter 04: HOUSE PARTY-2

Zyva-

"Please please please please..."Anvi literally kneeled down holding my legs and begged me to accompany her to her neighbor's party. It's really embarrassing to attend a stranger party even if I'm their neighbor's best friend.

"Anvi, It's... it's embarrassing.Try to understand."I said while trying to get away from her grip.Uf,this girl."If you're not going I'm not going either." She sat down looking at the other side with an angry pout.Such a dramatic ass,Agh!

She suddenly got up and went away from my room leaving me dumbfounded.what's up to this girl,Allah?I knew one thing she's not leaving me that easily so i went outside to see what she was actually doing. I went out and saw her talking to her phone.

"Auntie,I can't come actually.My best friend is here and it doesn't look nice to leave her at home."Anvi said to her phone.THIS FREAKING GIRL!

"No no, Auntie.. it's...Oh,Fine..if you insist so...Bye,See you at the party."Anvi cut the call and turned to me with a smirk.
"Done." She said while proudly patting her own shoulder."Was that necessary?" I asked her while folding my arms over my chest.

"Of course.You really thought i gave up.Nah, I'm Amaya Tahsin Anvi,who never gave up and never i will."She said while making her way to me and hugged me."Now go and get ready.You have to look pretty."

"You mean I'm not pretty?" I asked jokingly. "Of course,you are...After me." We laughed.

...

After a certain time i decided i would wear the blue dress with a shade lighter hijab (scarf). I wore my clothes and wore my watch.
For makeup,I just applied a light lipstick and natural touch for covering my recent dark circles which i got from gossiping with Anvi till 3 am.

After that i took my purse and phone. I looked at myself for the last time before leaving my room and went to Anvi's room.She's looking gorgeous.

...

We entered the party as the house was only 2 houses after Anvi's. The entrance said 'Khan's Mansion'.Once we entered the living room ,i saw a bunch of people. Calm down!Calm down!
I have always hated public gatherings even though being a doctor i have gone to many medical camps but i got busy all the time rather than attending any functions where i have to stand,face and adjust to various types of people. It's good but not too good for me sometimes.

Anyways,Me and Anvi sat in the dining room's big couch as it was a small function among close people.Anvi excused herself for a call as i sat down there alone.I was playing with my fingers.I felt a pair of eyes at me as i looked up and saw someone hurriedly walking away.Strange. I started using my phone to kill time when a girl with bleached hair came and sat next to me.

"Hi, I'm Hannah."She introduced herself as i smiled and said,"Zyva.Nice to meet you."
She smiled and said,"Nice to meet you too."

We talked for a while.She was born in Russia and she lived there until now for her career. She's a textile engineer.She was so friendly and sweet. I even told her my other best friend,Adil, lives in Russia.We kept talking until we heard Anvi fighting with a guy for a seat.

"They always fight like this." Hannah whispered to me as i chuckled.

They were still bickering when a woman came and hugged Anvi. She introduced me to that woman. Maybe she's the host.We chatted for a bit then she went to the other guests.

Me and Hannah started talking too as she was genuinely nice. When i again felt a pair of eyes on me.I looked at my lap while Hannah kept talking.But i was too nervous.Calm down,Calm down! I gathered all my courage and looked up immediately as i saw...Zayan.

Flashbacks -

"Zyva,You sure?" Bella asked me while we were walking out of the mall."Yes, Don't worry. I'll manage the assignments." I assured her.She has to leave for 1 week because her grandma was sick.She was my roommate and one of my closest friends in Australia.

"Thanks, Sweetie." She hugged me as i smiled and hugged her back. We then walked out of the mall and went to our apartment.We rented an apartment nearby our institute together. After coming back Will called me and told me that Professor Smith has called me for something important. I was too nervous at first but went there. Professor Smith told me i was selected as the researcher from our institute in London.
I was so happy that after coming out of the Professor's cabin i called Ammi and told her everything.She was so happy too.

I was walking near our campus when i spotted the same kids who i helped 2 days ago to rescue a kitten. I started heading towards their direction when i saw a man talking with them with a smile on his face. He said something as the kids laughed.His smile grew up and he stood up.He was attractive though.Tall figure,Fair skin,Dark hair with light brown eyes. He gestured to someone as the person gave chocolates to the kids.Then he left in his car.The car was expensive.

I went near the kids as their faces immediately lit up to see me.

"Hello Miss." One of them is named, Clarie greeted me as well as the others .I smiled and greeted them back.

"You know,The gut asked about you."Clarie told me as i frowned a bit. "Which guy?" I asked as Ryan answered,"The one who gave us chocolate and left in the black Rolls-Royce." So he meant the guy i found attractive a while ago.Wait,What am i think?

"What did he actually ask?" I asked them."He asked if we knew your name.But we didn't tell him because he's a stranger." Emily answered as i laughed.Such a cute baby! "He was handsome." Clarie replied."I agree." Max agreed with Clarie. I laughed at them but deep inside i was curious about why a stranger was interrogating about me? I don't even know him.

Next day-

I was studying in a library when a person took a seat next to me.I didn't bother to look at the person.After a moment,He called me,"Excuse me?" I looked up and saw the same guy from yesterday.
Mr stranger handsome.My eyes widened slightly but i managed to look cool."Yes?" I was as my heart trembled .

"I'm Zayan."He introduced himself.As i narrowed my eyes and looked at him for a while.
"Do i know you?" I asked with an annoyed tone as he chuckled a bit. Seriously?Is it funny? "First of all, I'm not a stalker.I just saw you 3 days ago when you were helping a kitten.You ar-" I didn't let him complete. "So you have been following me for the last 3 days? Even asked about me to the kids?" I almost yelled while his eyes widened.
"No no...I can explain."He stood up so did i and said, "No need."
Then, I took my back pack and left without even listening to his next sentence,"Hey!Wait..."

Flashbacks end.

This was our first meeting.