Chapter 02: BUSINESS TRIP

Zayan:

"Assalamualaikum,beta ji." My mother welcomed me as i just got back. I was in Australia for the last month for a business month in different dealerships for our company,Z&K org. I sighed and replied to her,"Wa alaikum assalam,mom.""How was the trip,beta?"She asked making her way towards me with a glass of water."Good."I said as i took the glass and was about to drink but she stopped me."How many times do i have to tell you,Nikamma?"(Useless) She yelled as i sat down on the couch then drank the water.

After drinking the water,I gave her the glass back as she placed it on the table.At the same time,Dad and my cousin, Daniyal also came downstairs while talking about something.

"Areh,Kab aye ho,beta?"My father asked as Daniyal smiled at me.(Hey,When did you come,son?)

"almost 5 minutes." I replied flatly as Daniyal said,"You could've told me.I would go to pick you up from the airport."
"I pay people for that."I said referring to my bodyguards.
Daniyal just made a face and rolled his eyes.

"Don't be rude,Zayan."Mom said as Daniyal smiled at her defense towards him."Has mat."I grumped at Daniyal.
(Don't smile.)

"See,Chachi,Always,He Always does this to me.Look,How innocent i am!" Daniyal said as my mom pinched his cheek and laughed. I just rolled my eyes at him. There are only a few people who know this guy.

"Whatever,Zayan,go and freshen up. I'll make you some ginger tea."My mom said as i stood up and headed towards my room which was upstairs when Daniyal leaned towards me and whispered,"Be mentally prepared." I didn't get what he meant and went to my room.

Turning on the cold shower i relaxed myself from all the stress and anxiety since the last month which was full of works,meetings, visiting people.
Although I could get back one week ago, something held me back there when i saw her for the first time.

Flashbacks:

"Sir,you have one more meeting left.We can get back to London after that,The ticket is already booked." Andrew, My secretary spoke while tapping on his ipad continuously. I just hummed in response while looking through my phone.

"Andrew,I need some fresh air.You can leave." I said Andrew nodded and left. I was walking around the garden when i saw something which caught my attention.

A girl climbing a tree as she was surrounded by a group of kids looking at her hopefully. I looked at the branch of the tree and saw a kitten stuck there. I connected the dots as i got that she was trying to help out the poor kitten.

"Careful,Miss."A little girl said while looking concerned towards the girl who was climbing the tree."I will, Don't worry." She shouted but it was still sweet and soft. I watched from afar as the girl finally got down with the kitten and the kids started cheering.They looked really happy. The girl was wearing hijab as she turned i saw her face.
Dark brown eyes with the most prettiest smile I've ever seen. She was smiling widely while holding the kitten. The kids helped her to wrap the kitten in a towel because it was dirty and shaking from fear. The girl is so pure and kind. She's wearing a doctor's apron. Is she a med student?

"Sir.Sir.Si-"

"Huh?" I snapped back to my sense. I was so lost admiring that girl. I held back the urge to go and ask her name when i heard Andrew calling me.

"Sir,it's time for the meeting." He said while trying to read my face.
"uh,yes yes, I'm on it." I said and was about to walk off but stopped."Do one more thing. Cancel the flight. I'll get back after a week." Said that i walked away as Andrew nodded while following me.

End of flashbacks.

After the shower i went to our living room and saw my mom was done making her tea. Dad was watching the TV and Daniyal was taping on his phone. I walk towards the couch and sat next to Daniyal. Mom approached us with four cups of tea. As we took the cup she sat in front of me while giving me a faint smile. Something is suspicious.I can smell it."Zayan,I have something to show you." She said as i asked,"What is it,Mom?" She passed me a smiled before handing me an envelope. I opened it and saw pictures of different girls.Here we go again.

I sighed and looked at my mom.
"Mom,We talked about this. Didn't we?" "But, You're getting old."She said as Daniyal laughed.
I glared at him and he mouthed 'Grandpa.' Haramkhor! (Bastard!)

"I don't care,mom.I don't wanna get married now. Please." I said frustratingly as my mom sighed and stood up. "Is ghar mein meri koi suntahi nehi." She said.
(No one listens to me in this house.)

"Areh,Eman,Asa kyu bol rahi ho?" My dad said to mom.
(C'mon, Eman,Why are you saying this?)
"Ap chup rahiyein.Like father like son." Said that my mother stormed off the living room and went upstairs.
(You keep your mouth shut.)

Dad and i exchanged some glances as Daniyal kept laughing his ass off. This guy has some nerves to do it! "Will you shut up?" I asked him. "Huh,No!" He laughed again.

I grabbed a cushion and threw on his face. He threw back at me.
We started fighting.We never stop anyways."What did you call me a while ago?" I kept hitting him as he was still laughing. "Grandpa!" He burst into laughter as i hit him more hard. "We both are 27. Don't forget that." I said while getting up. I fixed my shirt and glared at him.

"Leave this childish fight. Zayan,Did you send the mail to the Sheikh Industry and Org ?" Dad asked me as i looked at him and said "Not yet. I'll make sure to do it until night. Don't worry,dad." He nodded and went to his room. I turned to see Daniyal going to his room too.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked while resting my hands on my hips. He turned to me and leaned on the railing of the stairs. "Going to get ready for the club." He said with a smirk.
I rolled my eyes and went to my room so did he.