Chapter 05: HOUSE PARTY-3

Zayan-

"Are you even listening?"My mother snapped in front of me as i looked away from Zyva.
"Yes,mom."I said as she looked at me for a while then left. Like who cares about guests...

"Hey."Daniyal came and patted my back."Hm?" I asked while drinking my coffee."You know Miss Zyva?" I instantly choked on my coffee and started coughing.
"Chill,Chill." He patted and rubbed my back. "Why are you asking that?" I looked at him.
"I saw you staring at her."He said with a confused tone."I wa-...I was?" I asked as he nodded.

"Beta?Sun sun." My mother suddenly dragged me away from Daniyal. Alhamdulillah."What, mom?" "Meet a new person.""Wh-" She didn't even let me complete as she dragged me towards the dining room's couch.

"Amaya, Where's Zyva?" Mom asked Amaya who was talking to a guy."She was...here a bit..ago..."She looked around.
"Mom,Leave my hand."I whispered to mom as she dropped my hand. "Did she leave already?"Mom asked as Amaya replied,"She wouldn't leave without telling me at least."
"Call her." i suggested as Amaya called her.Where is she?

Me and mom stood there waiting for Zyva to pick up Amaya's call.
She finally picked.
"Where are- Hello? Hello?Zyva? Wait,Bohot shor ho raha hein edhar." Said Amaya looked at mom as mom nodded and She went outside.
(It is very noisy here.)

"She's a doctor.Maybe she had any emergencies." Mom said while looking at me as i nodded without looking at her.Where is she?Did she leave for me again?Ya Allah,mere sath hi asa kyu hota hein?
(Ya Allah,Why does this always happen to me?)

Flashbacks-

It was the next day after i badly messed up.I was waiting outside of the campus for her. I have to explain myself or.I don't even know why but i want to explain myself.In my 27 years of life i never gave anyone any kind of explanation.But why now?
I was thinking about her when i saw her coming out with her friends i guess. She was looking so relieved and sweet while smiling at them. She's wearing a sage green kurta with her apron and matched hijab.

I straightened myself as she was about to walk by me. "Suniye?" I said with a soft tone when she stopped and turned to me.
(Excuse me?)

Her expression was unreadable...for a while until her face turned into an angry frown. She's looking like a furious cat!
She was about to speak but I started,"Kahi alagse bat kar lete hein.Please." I pleaded with puppy eyes.
(Let's talk somewhere else.Please.)

Her friends couldn't understand urdu so i used it.After a while she turned to her friends as they nodded and looked at me confusingly before leaving us alone.And how do i know that she knows Urdu? Zayan Khan has his ways.

"Ha,Ab boliye?" She folded her arms over her chest. (Now speak.)
I sighed before starting my lecture,"First of all, I'm sorry to make you feel unsafe.But it wasn't my intention I swear ...please..." She looked at me head to toe and nodded. Yes,yes,yes! "Why are you follo- Sorry,Why do you wanna meet me? I don't even know you."She asked.I wish i met you earlier. "Oh hello?" She snapped as i looked at her. "Because...um.. I am having some pain in my heart recently." I said while looking at her as she said,"But I do not do check ups yet." I will wait.
"Oh you do not?" i narrowed my eyebrows. I know everything about her. She will be warranted to do surgeries as well as check ups after the graduation which will be within 2 weeks. "I can but i will start when i have my own hospital actually." She added a small smile.OH MY HEART! "But if you insist so...I will give you some medicines and you can talk with our professors too." She suggested as i smiled at her. I have been smiling for a long time recently. "It will help for sure,Miss..." I pretended not to know her name as she said,"Zyva Sheikh."

Then,She gave me some medicines and some warm up exercises.
"Thanks for your time,Miss Zyva."
"It's okay... Actually sorry for yesterday.I should have heard you." She said while looking down."It's fine,Miss Zyva." I said while smiling. "By the way,Will you mind if i come back again tomorrow.I mean i will leave 1 day later.I will take all types of notes then."I looked at her as she nodded and said,"I don't have any problem.See you soon then.Bye." She waved and walked away.
It was fast, Wasn't it?

Flashbacks end.

"Auntie,She has to leave for an emergency.She has some check ups to do.She apologized for not informing. Please don't mind it." Amaya came and said to mom.
"No no, She's a doctor..Of course,Her job and her patients are her first priorities .Tell her I didn't mind. Even I'm impressed she left a party for her work.Who takes their work so seriously nowadays, Right?" Said that mom left as Anvi went back to the guy she was talking to earlier.

But,Zyva said she wants to have her own hospital at first then she will do check ups and surgeries full time professionally. Disappointment, curiosity and tension rushed inside me as i was wondering why she left.