𝟏𝟖 | 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬

We finished eating and our empty plates got taken away. But we stayed in the restaurant for what it feels like hours, just talking away, jumping from subject to subject. Or... it was mostly me talking, watching his reactions and answering his questions. Every smile or laugh that came out of him made me feel warm inside.

"Oh my God, I need to tell you about this!" My hand instinctively reached out to grab his, something I used to do to my friends when I was excited to tell them something new.

Quickly after realizing that what I did could have made him feel awkward or uncomfortable, I lifted my hand off of his in an attempt to put it back on my side of the table. While I did, though, I felt his warm hand grab mine, bringing it back down.

My eyes shot up to meet his, he was looking at me with a concentrated expression, waiting for something. I looked back down at our hands and smiled to myself, beginning to tell a childhood story of mine.

While I was talking I felt his thumb gently caressing my hand, drawing patterns and playing with my fingers. And It felt comfortable. It was the first time I experienced a gesture like this, a gesture so gentle and innocent, one where the person giving was not expecting anything in return. It calmed me down but my thoughts started spiraling.

Sad thoughts of my past experiences filled my head and my story came to an unsatisfying stop. While looking at our intertwined hands I wondered why I never experienced something like this when I was alive. Surrounded by men who found me beautiful, but not for the right reasons, just wanting to use me for an experience, an escape. Nobody saw me as a person, just a tool to help themselves out.

"Is everything alright?" Husk asked, his hand holding mine tighter in a concerned way.

"Yeah, everything is okay." I looked up at him and smiled, I watched him raise his eyebrow and his ears dropped a bit.

"Listen, I'm not good at comforting people, but if there's anything you'd like me to do, I'll try to help you out." He looked me in the eyes with genuine concern, which made me happy.

I smiled wider and chuckled. "Hmm, how about... I get half of the money you win while gambling?"

He laughed loudly. "Yeah, no."

We laughed together and I looked out the window, seeing how dark it got already, everyone also seemed to have disappeared from the restaurant, since it was long past dinner time. He seemed to follow my sight and let go of my hand, my warm hand getting hit by the sudden cold air.

"Wanna get some drinks? My system doesn't like being 100% sober."

And just like that we left the restaurant, Husk paying for the food despite my insistence to split the bill. 'What kind of man would I be if I let you pay', he kept repeating. We walked side by side, the streets we passed felt more familiar as time went on and we finally reached our destination. He opened the door and gestured for me to walk in first.

I chuckled at the gesture and thanked him with with a gracious bow, pretending to lift my fake dress. I walked in and we sat by the bar, I asked for a bottle of whiskey and my usual red wine. The bartender nodded and turned around to get our order.

Husk took a seat and my turned my attention towards him. "Are you lonely?" I asked and I watched his expression turn into one of surprise, not expecting this sort of question.

"I was never one of the popular kids, so I guess you could say I was pretty lonely all my life. The only people I knew well were the ones that would gamble with me. And here... Well, it's just the other people at the hotel." He grabbed the bottle of whiskey that arrived and took a couple swigs. "But, I'm not completely lonely, I have you."

My expression softened and a big smile crawled onto my face. "Aw, you like me."

Husk POV.

I chuckled and opened the bottle of red wine she ordered, pouring her a glass and putting back the cap. It's something I would never usually do for someone, but I wanted to take care of her as much as I can, maybe this way I could show my appreciation.

"I wish." I mumbled under my breath, watching the girl take a long sip of wine.

"What was that?" She asked and I shook my hand, gesturing that she shouldn't worry about it.

She shrugged and took another sip of wine, and I admired her face while she did so. The night went on pleasantly, [Y.N] and me slowly feeling the alcohol more and more. I noticed how her words got a bit slurred and her eyes droopy. The whiskey gave me more confidence and throughout the night I got closer and closer to her seat, to the point where she could easily grab my shoulder or my hands while she was talking excitedly. It felt good to see how comfortable she became about being physically close with me.

She was chuckling to herself after a joke I told, and as she reached for her glass of wine she accidentally knocked it over, spilling a bit of wine on the counter. I put the glass up straight and looked at her pouting at the small puddle of liquid. She unrolled her sleeves to wipe the stain off with her top but I grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"It's red wine, sweetheart, it's going to leave a stain." I fixed her sleeve and thanked the bartender who already got a cloth to clean the bar.

I watched her face turn red as she looked at me, but she looked away shyly making me chuckle at the reaction.

"Hm? What's up? Did that make you blush," I paused for a second, getting closer to her ear. "sweetheart?"

She squeaked, almost jumping from her seat and she pushed me away but with almost no force at all. I laughed at her reaction and stood up from my seat, putting down some money on the counter that should cover our bill. "I think it's about time we head home."

She nodded, looking at the ground, flustered and I wrapped my arm around her waist, walking to the exit next to her. I silently thanked the whiskey for giving me this much confidence but also cursed myself for being dumb enough to actually pull a move like this.

Oh well, everything can be blamed on the alcohol.

ᓚ₍ ^. .^₎

teehee

i hope you enjoy the chapter and thank you again for the support pookies <3