𝟔 | 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

The workshop for the day passed quickly, I was excited to find out what company I applied for, cause obviously I don't remember all the names. I'm just trying to get anything, at this point. After freshening up a bit in my room I go downstairs, and sit by Husk and Angel Dust by the bar.

"Do you guys know anything about this company? I just got hired." I smiled and showed them the logo, they looked at each other and then Angel Dust turned his head towards me.

"You got hired in that company?" I nodded, still with a smile. He grabbed my shoulder forcefully and started leading me into one of the many hallways the hotel has. I looked back at Husk who just shrugged and went back to work.

"Okay, I am going to need you to listen up cause what I'm about to tell you is very important." He put his hands on both my shoulders and looked me in the eyes, making sure I'm paying attention. "If you accept working for the company, you will be under some of the most powerful, manipulating, shit demons out there who will make you work all day, every day for shitty pay."

"How do you know all this?" I ask, concerned, seeing Angel agitated for the first time.

"Cause I work for them, dumb-ass. I'm just trying to say... be careful and make good decisions, alright? You're going to be in Hell a while, don't do anything to fuck that up for yourself." I nod, opening my mouth to ask another question.

He lets go of my shoulders and brushes his hair backwards. "You need to tell me what happens in your department, alright? Since we'll be work buddies." He smiles warmly, a totally different attitude than he just had. "I love me some hot gossip." He walks away and I watch his figure disappear as he turns to go to the lobby again.

After thinking about his words I follow him to the lobby, where he sat on the couch, scrolling on his phone. I sat by the bar and also scrolled on my phone, quickly glancing over the terms and conditions of working at this company. There was a ton of shady stuff but I decided not to get discouraged and at least try for a week. After all, this is the only company who would hire me and I applied for what feels like every company in Hell!

"Did you have fun yesterday?" I heard Husk's scruffy voice.

I looked up from my phone and put it in my pocket.

"I guess I did, I don't really remember much after I took a couple glasses of wine... But, Angel told me that I... caused you a little bit of trouble when we were getting back home, sorry 'bout that." I averted his gaze.

"Was no problem, really." He took a swig of beer. "Just don't do it again." I looked up to look into his eyes and smiled happily.

"I would say I could repay the favor but I don't think I can carry your fat ass." I laughed and saw him furrow his eyebrow, giving me a nasty side eye.

"At least I can say I have a fat ass, some of us are not so lucky." He looked me up and down. I opened my mouth in shock and slammed my hand on the bar stand, but smiled as I thought the insult was creative.

"I see how it is..." I nod my head. "I guess you can say goodbye to the best drinking buddy you could have ever wished for." I look off dramatically and put my hand where my heart is, the other hand wiping away a fake tear.

He chuckles. "At least I won't need to hear you yipping and yapping the entire time."

"You really seemed to enjoy the 'yipping and yapping' yesterday, what happened?" I pursed my lips and tilted my head, he waved me off with his hand as he turned his back to me and took more sips of his drink.

I spent the rest of the day in bed, googling away about the VoxTek company. I found out a lot of interesting things like how the CEO is a member of the V's, one of them being Valentino, Angel Dust's boss who I met a couple days before. And how the CEO, this 'video demon' has beef with Alastor and is trying to drag him to the ground ever since he came back.

That took me down another rabbit hole, Alastor and his backstory. I read articles explaining how he got as powerful as he is now and a certain occurrence piqued my interest. The author of this article claimed that many years ago, when Alastor was making a name for himself, he made a deal with another overlord for his soul, an overlord named Husk. A powerful demon specializing in gambling and sleight of hand.

This took me on a road to try to find any information about Husk, but all the articles were just mentioning him while talking about Alastor. Soon it became night and with some trouble, I fell asleep.

/ᐠ - ˕ -マᶻ 𝗓 𐰁

I got up super early and took a shower, curling my hair and putting on some cute makeup. I took out the only formal thing in my closet which was a black suit jacket with some black trousers and a white collared dress shirt. I put all my important stuff in my bag and I started excitedly strutting down the hallway. 

I reached the lobby and to my surprise saw that Husk was behind the bar. "Didn't expect to see you up so early, kitty." His ears perked up and my eyes widened at my words, realizing that calling him that might have been weird. I fake cough. "In the sense that-"

"Alcoholism does not wait for men." He pops the cap off some cheap booze and I chuckle as he takes a swig.

I turn around and start heading towards the door. "I'll be back soon! Wish me luck" I walk backwards and wave at him.

"Yeah, whatever, break a leg."

I walk out the entrance, put the address of the VoxTek building on my app and start heading the way it tells me to. I feel like it's going to be a good day.

↜₍^ -༝-^₎

thank you to everyone voting on the story and showing their support!