𝟒 | 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

I take a deep breath and let it out in an agitated manner. Getting off my seat on the couch and walking towards Husk, I can feel his pair of eyes following my moves. I stand in front of him and grab the paper Charlie gave him, and after eyeing the text and the pictures scribbled down I look at him opening another bottle of alcohol.

"I could do this on my own if you'd like, if we tell Charlie we did it together I'm sure she won't suspect anything." I fold the page in half twice and put it in my pocket, waiting for his answer.

For a second he just looked at me, examining my face in a way. And since he didn't reply right away, I assumed he still just didn't want to talk to me. So I turned around and started heading towards the way everyone went towards, the entrance.

"Eh, fuck it." I heard his deep scruffy voice followed by some shuffling behind me. "But we better be done with this fast. Who knows? Someone might want to check into this shit." I looked back and saw him roll his eyes, then taking a long swig of some cheap booze.

I hear his footsteps getting closer to me and I am filled with different emotions. I'm happy that he chose to join me, because that means he might be willing to either forgive me or just be on good terms with me. But at the same time I am annoyed, I could have done this all by myself, and he's been getting on my nerves from the first day, who knows what's going to happen today.

"Well? What's the first clue?" His voice, sounding closer to me than I expected him to be, startled me into shuffling a bit farther away than him. I recited the paper.

"A spin-off, spelled with O's, to avoid lawsuits. There was a little purple duck with horns drawn on it..." He sighs and starts walking in front of me towards the exit.

"Do you know what it means?" I ask, following suit.

I hear him chuckle. "And you said you could do this on your own." He keeps walking up front. "We're going to an amusement park, a really shitty one."

I pick up my pace, hopping a little bit to catch up to him until I'm next to him keeping up with his walking pace. "An amusement park? I haven't been to one since I was like... 7 years old." I think to myself, the memories of that day are very blurry.

"Hm, hasn't been that long then, two years tops?" He smirks.

"Hey! I'm an adult, prick." I bump his shoulder with not too much force as I hear him chuckle again. "Of course you'd know where to go, you probably died back in the 1900's, grandpa, had 100 years to explore all of Hell." I roll my eyes.

"1970's actually, and I'm not much older than you." He pauses for a second. "You should still have some respect, though."

"Only old people say that, though." I smile and look at his face from the side of my eye, watching him sigh but smirk a tiny bit.

As we walk side by side in comfortable silence, I get a warm feeling in my heart, he's okay with me now. I'm assuming, but we are talking and joking around, so it would be weird if he was still mad.

"Hey... I just want to say that I'm sorry for being an asshole at the club on the first day. It wasn't my place to yell at you because of my opinion and... you were right, we are in Hell, perfect people don't really end up here." I drop my head to look at the ground, waiting for his reaction.

"It's whatever, I was a bit of a jackass too. Just a bit." I smile at his words and lift my head up.

We halt by a grand entrance, behind it I can already see rides and attractions. The big shiny sign reads "Loo Loo Land". I look at Husk and he shrugs, walking through the gates. I pull out the paper Charlie gave us and a new piece of text appeared on it.