𝟕 | 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲

As I walk up to the huge building, three neon V's illuminating the sky on the top, I start getting a nervous feeling in my stomach. But I'm just an intern for now, they'll probably give me some shit job like handing out donuts for the people actually working.

I enter the building and follow the signs to the VoxTek wing, I push open a door with the CEO drawn on top of it and as it shuts behind me I take a look around the room, countless imps and sinners running around in panic, some electrical wires are on fire. Everybody is freaking out.

Avoiding the running demons I walk towards the front desk, where I see a couple demons on the phone, frantically typing on the computer and writing stuff down on papers. "Um, hello. It's my first day here, could you tell me where I'm supposed to go?" I ask, but get no reaction from the ladies in front of me.

Suddenly I hear a voice booming through the entire building. "How is it that I still don't have a secretary in order? It's been 10 minutes!" Everyone around me gasps and starts running away, hiding under desks, behind plants, making themselves unseen.

My eyes widen, I try to jump the front desk in front of me so I could also hide, even though I don't know the exact reason but I feel someone harshly grab my shoulder and pull me back. I lift my head to see a demon with a television for a head, wearing a blue striped suit jacket looking down at me with an angry expression. Shit, it's Vox.

"You'll have to do." A cloud of blue electricity surrounds us and suddenly I'm in another room, it looks like a studio, a kitchen themed set surrounded by boom mics and cameras, people sitting in retractable chairs or standing next to a table full of food.

The demon lets go of my shoulder and walks in front of me towards the kitchen set, did this guy just employ me as a secretary? Unsure whether I have to follow him or not, I stand still in the same place where we appeared, watching him get further away.

He snaps his fingers and his formal outfit changes to that of a chef. "Action!" The director yells from his seat. Immediately, all lights but the ones that point at the kitchen set dim, everybody in the room becoming quiet as Vox throws a wide smile on his... screen.

"Welcome to 'Chef Vox'! Today, we're cooking up a storm in the kitchen with Verosika Mayday and giving you a taste of our latest tech innovation – a game-changing app that's about to spice up your digital experience, trust us." As he stops speaking, an upbeat tune starts playing from the speakers and I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket.

I pull it out to see it's not my phone at all, but a bigger phone, blue and red colored with a contact name "Sir. Dile" on the front, trying to reach out to me. I look at Vox and he's staring right at me, an annoyed expression on his face, probably because of the noise the phone is making. I pick up the phone and walk as far away from the set as possible.

"Uh... hello?" I answer, unsure.

"I thought you would never answer the phone! We just saw Vox reveal a new app that he has been working on, we'd love to have him tomorrow on our talk-show so he could talk about it some more. Does 3pm work?" The man calling was speaking in a fast tempo.

"I-"

"Great! See you tomorrow!" He hung up the phone and I looked at Vox, who was now cooking with what looks like a celebrity.

I took a second to compose myself. I came to work so I could get some shitty job like cleaning toilets as an intern and this television asshole just snatches me and makes me his secretary? Who does this dude think he is? I'm not even qualified for this kind of job!

I look at the new phone and scroll through it, finding various apps like 'VoxTube' and 'Voxflix'. This dude is just obsessed with himself, isn't he? I open up the calendar app and for tomorrow I enter "Sir. Dile?" for 3pm as an event.