𝟐 | 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

Flipping through today's newspaper I was scanning the pages trying to find anybody looking for staff, anyone looking to employ somebody. My waitress job just barely payed for my rent and I had to find a job as soon as possible if I want to keep living in this shitty apartment. 

Unfortunately for me, the only things posted in the newspaper were adds for various companies, exterminators, boutiques, but no one searching for employees. I sighed and threw the newspaper on the couch next to me, I turned on the TV.

"-of that! Welcome to the Hazbin Hotel! Your last desperate attempt at salvation starts here!"

I raised an eyebrow at the add on the TV, taking out my phone and googling 'Hazbin Hotel', the website appearing first, followed by a news segment with some blond girl with a lot of views. But I clicked on the website. It seemed to be a Hotel ran by the princess of Hell, hoping in the hotel to somehow "heal" sinners so they can be sent to Heaven. Very, very... ambitious.

As I read further, I saw the line "free housing" and my eyes widened with excitement. I smiled and found a suitcase under my bed and started packing my bare essentials, a hotel does has furniture anyways, so all I need is clothes, my toiletries and other important stuff. Once I was done I stormed out the door and putting the Hotel in maps, I started power walking towards it. I used my phone to call my landlord and say that I am officially moving out.

ᓚᘏᗢ

After a long walk I finally ended up on the driveway of the hotel, looking at the size, I thought there would be a lot of people in the lobby, but as I opened the door I saw almost no life. On the left was a little lobby area with couches where the blond girl I saw before and a white haired demon were sitting, one looking sadly at the couch and the other on their phone. I looked further and I saw a check-in desk, that looked like it functions as a bar too. The demon behind the desk turned around, cleaning a glass and looked straight at me.

It was him, the fucking asshole that made me lose my job.

"Oh fuck no." I turned around and grabbed the door handle to the entrance.

Suddenly the blond girl, who now I also knew was the princess of Hell stood in front of me, her eyes big and shiny with happiness.

"Hello! Welcome to the Happy Hotel! We are so happy to have you!" She grabbed my hand and turned me back around towards the hotel lobby where Husk was looking at me with wide eyes, holding the glass he was cleaning before.

"Oh, hi." I looked at her and remembered that the reason I came here in the first place was because I can't afford the place I live at anymore, and I already told my landlord I'm moving out. I mentally cursed myself. "Could I get a room? I would like to... give this redemption thing a shot." I smiled at her, lying, because I was only here for the free housing until I could get myself back on my feet.

"Yes, yes! Of course, right away." She dragged me toward the bar/front desk and my smile turned into an angry frown, locking eyes again with the cheating pussy from the club. "Husk, would you please get our customer a nice room?" She looked up at him and he put the glass down.

"Fucking shit..." He mumbled under his breath as he opened a drawer behind the desk and took out a key, throwing it at the desk.

I took the key, throwing him a dirty look as I looked at the number attached to it, I started walking towards the stairs and the princess followed me. "I can get to the room myself, thank you." I said sharply towards her pulling my suitcase up the stairs and finding the door to my room.

I inserted the key and the door opened with a click. I walked in and my jaw dropped at the interior, a huge bed with a desk, mirror, cabinets. Pretty luxurious for just a hotel room. I opened my suitcase and started organizing my clothes into my closet, and putting my makeup on my desk, organizing it neatly. I smiled to myself and kicked the suitcase under my bed afterwards, then laying on top of the bed.