CHAPTER SIXTEEN: WARM OR ICED WATER?

SKYLER'S POV

I don't know why but I could feel a shift between I and Mr Fredward... apart from the fact that I am in—... I might have a crush on my boss.

I don't know, since that night, it's been...
The thought that Mr Fredward worries about me and cares about my health makes my body colour up everytime and fill my stomach with butterflies, and I can't help the stupid smile that take over my face, and the dreamy look that shine in my eyes. Even the guys are already noticing that there was something going on with me.

I blamed it on the fact that I'm working and preparing my thesis at the same time and it was stressing me out.

I've never been love sick before, even when I had a crush in highschool or sophomore year in college, I wasn't love sick and was in control of my faculties but now... All I think about is my boss and the fact that I notice the littlest thing about him is aggravating and it's either I find it cute, sexy, adorable,manly, childish and every of this emotion comes with a touch of affection.

Like now, I've come to notice that when Mr Fredward is intensely focused on a particular task at hand, he runs his fingers through the tips of his hair without breaking concentration.

'it looks so soft.'

'i bet it's silky and falls through the spaces of his fingers'

'i bet it smells nice too.'

'he looks too damn adorable when he's working with a big splash of sexy.'

'is it weird that I want to smell his hair and —Mr White—'

'wait! What? Mr White? Who the hell is that?— Mr White.'

'there it is again — Mr White."

The loud voice was able to pull me out of my daze.

"Uhh?" I answered, still not in full control of my faculties.

"Mr White, are you okay?"

"Uhh...Y-Yes i am." I immediately shook of whatever trance I was coming from.

What the hell is wrong with me, daydreaming about my boss when I'm supposed to be working? I mentally chastised myself.

God I'm going crazy.

"Were you even listening to me?" He raised a brow in question with suspicion obvious in his eyes.

"O-Of course, I was." I let out a cool chuckle but it sounded like a nervous crackle instead. I totally didn't hear a things he just said.

And  it looks like he suspected that as he gave me a skeptical look.

"But if you don't mind saying it again for better comprehension and understanding, so I'll give  my best to the very important task you've set aside for me." I gave him my best professional smile.

Way to wing it girl. I patted myself for the save, mentally. Don't want to be caught daydreaming on the job and failing to listen to my boss.

"Oh?" His eyes shone in amusement and what looked like mischief,but I may be imagining it like a lot of things I was imagining today. "Well...I was just asking if you could fetch me a glass of water."

"W-What?" Kill me now universe and spare me this humiliation!

"Water." He clarified looking at me way too innocently "I'm thirsty." He added when I made no effort to move from my position.

"Oh? Oh!—" that was enough to bring me out of my stupid embarrassed daze. "—of course right, water.—" And in a foolish attempt to salvage myself, "—the very important task of fetching you your water. Wouldn't want to keep you thirsty, boss.  And now I have a better comprehension and understanding of the item you want; ice water or warm water, chilled water or hot water, lemon water or soda water, tap or bottled." I rambled on nervously.