CHAPTER ELEVEN: MR OR MS SKYLER?

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

FREDWARD.

Fredward groaned as he laid on his bed. He's been awake for a few minutes but he made no effort to stand up or move as he tried recollect what happened last night. A ghost smile appeared on his lips until a frown took over.

He turned around and his eyes went over to the night stand that held on it, a glass pitcher filled with water and a glass of water with a bottle of advil. At the front of this items was a note with a familiar handwriting.

'Good morning sir. No offence sir, but frankly that headache you are feeling right now serves you right. Take the drug and get out of bed, it's a new day. I've cancelled all your morning appointments, take your time to feel better.

Yours sincerely,
Your very much still employed assistant.
Mr Skyler White.'

The ghost smile returned to his face unknowingly as he placed the note carefully in the night stand drawer before taking the drugs.

More memory of last night came to his mind especially of the last moment of last night. He could still feel the graze on his forehead as Skyler swept the air out of his face.

He had sobered up last night when (s)he was helping him clean up and he could still feel (her) his presence around him and he knew (s)he wouldn't leave until (s)he was convinced that he was already asleep. What he didn't expect was what he heard last night.

He took his phone that sat on his night stand to call someone who could find out anything about anyone. He dialed the number and the line went after the first ring.

"Good morning Mr Fredward." The calm, smooth and Honey- like familiar voice came from the other side.

"Hey Yuvraj, I wanted to ask you for a favour."

"What is it sir? I'll be happy to help."

"I want you to find out everything you can on a particular Skyler White."

"Of course I'll get to it immediately."

"Thanks."

"It's no problem sir, it's my pleasure. I'll send the information I get to your office."

"Yes. Thank you."

"Good day sir."

"To you too Yuvraj." And Fredward ended the call.

********

Fredward looked at the dark blue leather strapped watch on his wrist to see that it was already a few minutes before ten o'clock. His head was feeling a little better except for the slight throb in his  head. Fredward was not one to stay at home on a Monday morning no matter how he sees it.

The elevator that took him to his office floor dinged open, as he took a step out, he was greeted by a very cheerful looking assistant, whose identity he wasn't so sure of anymore.

"Good morning sir. It's a beautiful morning and I thought I had told you that you could come  in later in the day." Skyler said in one breathe.

"Well, I'm the boss." Fredward countered as he fully got out of the elevator.

"I had the feeling you wouldn't listen to me." Skyler stretched out her hand to him. "It's coffee." She said as he collected it from her and continued walking to his office and she followed closely behind.

"Helen from the legal department called, she's sent the final draft of the contract and wants you to go through it, but she thinks the draft was good to go and you should consider closing it as soon as possible. I have gone through it this morning and I think so too. Mr Donald called again this morning and would like you to give him an answer, I know you are not considering his offer but I have printed the draft of his offer if you want to check it out.