CHAPTER TWENTY: STEAK 2.0 AND PIZZA

SKYLER'S POV.

I don't know what happened that night,or what was supposed to happen...but we had a moment...I think. That night almost seemed fuzzy even though everything was crystal clear. It was confusing.

It's been a week since that night, and what an unforgettable night it was for me...not just because of what happened by the pool but also because of the impression that Katherine had left on me. I could the see how Fredward could have fallen in love with her.

My stomach sank at the thought of it. Was he still in love with her?
Did he still feel something? Anything?

I've tried to shake the thought away from my head but it just sticks to my head and refuses to leave.

I walked into Mr Fredward's office and my breath was taken away at the sight of him behind his desk with his thick rimmed glasses sitting delicately at the bridge of his nose. His dark hair was tousled like he had run his hand through it a hundred times. His lips was pursed and his face was stoic as he focused all his attention on whatever was displayed on the screen of his computer.

"Mr Fredward." I called carefully, feeling a little guilty for distracting him. He hummed lightly before raising his head up and taking his attention away from his previous focus.

"Do you need something,Mr White?"

"I wanted to ask you for the next week off."

"Oh? Why?"

"I'm having my project defense next week and I need to take a make-up exam to get the final credit I need to graduate."

"Oh." He paused for a few seconds like he was thinking of something. "All right. I'll have someone else take over your duties for a while."

"Thank you." I smiled gratefully as I was previously worried about who would help him with me gone for a week. "Uh... I'll excuse myself." I said before turning around.

"Wait." His word halted my steps.

"It means your internship will soon end, right?" He asked with a look in his eyes I couldn't exactly identify.

I'd been thinking about it all week too. That my internship was bound to come to an end. I joined because I wanted to be able to pursue my dream and land a good job upon graduation but I end up falling for my boss who thinks I'm a man. Typical and cliche. But that's my life.

"Uh yes. On that note, I'll really appreciate a letter of recommendation or a good review from you." I softened my voice in a silent plea.

"Of course." He raised his hand and adjusted his glasses that sat on the bridge of his nose.

"Thanks." I said and immediately headed out of his office. I decided to meet with HR. Mr Montgomery would need a temporary replacement for a week and I'll have to show whoever it is how Mr Montgomery wants his things done.

Mr Montgomery's assistant was gone before I started  work, so I had to figure things out myself which was not very cool even though it contributed to making me stronger.  It'll have been nice to have someone show me the way, but Mr Montgomery was nice and patient.

I had more than my final thesis defense to prepare for before I go for a week.

*************

"Are you kidding me?" I groaned frustratedly as I look at the nearly empty fridge. There was barely anything left in it. My groaning stomach reminded me that it needed to be fed and my aching muscles reminded me that it was too tired to hold any weight.

"Albert!" I yelled but got no reply. "Taylor!" I yelled again. I am going to kill somebody then use their carcasses for dinner.

"Sky " Hassan called as he walked into the kitchen as sat himself at the stool behind the kitchen island. "What's got you so grumpy?"