CHAPTER FOURTEEN: A BLOODY DRINK.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The whole area buzzed with activities as the crews worked hand and foot to get the event in order before anything. Today was the half of the year event in the company, where previous successful projects are celebrated and future projects are unveiled. Everyone would be there. Directors, investors, producers, actors and actresses, directors, main writers and every famous and important player in projects the company involved in.

"Skyler." A young lady in a short curly red hair and a mismatched green trousers and blue shirt walked towards the (wo)man talking fervently as one of his (her) hand was on her ear indicating that (he)she was on call with whoever was on the other side of his (her) bluetooth earpiece.
"We have a problem." The woman started internally regretting immediately that she started out with a bad news instead of doing an effort to soften the blow of the more work load that was about to rain down on him(her).

Skyler stilled at the sentence that floated into her ears. She immediately cut her call and  turned to face the puffy faced red head. "What do you mean there is a problem. Why should there be a problem?" Sky could feel the panic begin to rise from the bottom of her stomach.

"Uhh...—" the red head stammered a little taken aback by Skyler's reaction to the news but not surprised. The woman could see the amount of effort and work load Skyler was putting  into it and almost pitied him(her).

"We got a problem with the sounds crew." She jutted out a thumb to motion to the general direction of where the sound crew were.

"What problem do those morons think they have now, enough to cause a problem in an event that is bigger than them?" Skyler snarled through clenched teeth. "What of the speeches? the music? Do they expect Mr Montgomery to yell out his speech across the hall to the amount of people attending?" She asked sarcastically.

The red head took a step back at the tone in Skyler's voice. "I tried to talk to the person in charge but he wouldn't listen to me." She immediately input to prevent any anger or outburst that (wo)man in front of her looks like (s)he'll soon have.

"Well, run along and tell him to stuff whatever complain he has up his ass, suck it up and get back to work or we're gonna be having a problem. I want my sounds or else —" Skyler didn't have to finish before the red head scurried off away, willing to take on even the devil if it means avoid Skyler's anger.

"Hey Sky." Taylor called gently as he walked over to her after seeing a puffy faced red head scurry away like there was a demon on her tail. She turned to him and Taylor sucked in a breath as he took a good look at her. She was awfully pale, tiny beads of sweat lined her forehead, her eyes were hollow with pain. She looked like she was just drained by a newly turned vampire and would turn into a zombie soon.

"Oh my God Sky, you look terrible." He placed one of his hand on her shoulder.

"I feel terrible." She snapped back at him.

"Wow, seems like they're right" Taylor raised a brow in acknowledgement that confused Skyler.

"Right about what?"

"Everyone is literally too scared to come close to you out of fear that you might rain hell on them. They are all talking about it."

"Well, I don't care what they think, what I care about is that this event is hours away from happening and I don't have my sounds." Skyler clenched and unclenched her hand in an attempt to relive some of her anger.

"Do you need something Sky?" Taylor asked with concern in his tone and on his face.

"Yes, Taylor." She sighed and closed her eyes before she opened it and it was filled with fire and anger. "I want the bloody planner. Where the hell is she? I'm supposed to work with her and supervise the event but here I am doing the bloody thing myself. Where's her professionalism, uhh? And now I have a sound crew that would rather throw a tantrum at their displeasures than get to work. I need more than something Taylor. I need a bloody drink."