CHAPTER FIFTEEN : SKIPPING THE BALL TO SAVE THE DISGUISED PRINCESS.

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Fredward headed towards the elevator in a hurry to get to his office floor. He felt amazingly uneasy at the thought of Skyler feeling unwell. He had seen the amount of effort she had put into the event and the result was amazing. The thought that she had work herself sick made Fredward anxious.

As he got out of the elevator he headed immediately to Skyler's office which was just next to his. He paused for a moment, hesitating for a reason he was not ready to dissect before he gently knock on the door.

When he knocked thrice and it went without any response the strange emotion that was brewing at the pit of his stomach was now bitting in his insides. He immediately pushed the door open and he almost heave a sigh of relief when the door gave way.

Fredward didn't switch on the light of the office as it was dimly lit by the small lamp on her desk that sat at the other edge of her table which illuminated her figure that was folded in her office chair.

"Mr White?" He called carefully. Fredward almost felt ridiculous addressing her as a man when he knew perfectly well that she wasn't.

"Mr White." He called again when his first call was left unanswered and he took slow hesitant steps towards her and when she remained unmoving, his steps became strides as he quickly reached her side.

"Mr Skyler." He tried again as he gently shook her shoulder and he almost sagged his shoulders in relief when she let out a small grunt but that had just heightened his fear.

He shook her again." Open your eyes. Are you okay?" But all he got was another groan again.

"Skyler." This time he spoke in the normal octave of his voice as worry began to seep into bis chest.

"Are you okay?" He took hold of her wrist and could tell that she was burning.

"Goodness, Skyler. Open your eyes. Skyler " the panic was evident in his tone. He moved to hold her in his arms when her eyes fluttered open.

"Mr Montgomery?" She called drowsily and her words slurred like she was drunk. Her eye lids kept opening and closing on its own free will.

"It's me. Hey, are you okay?"

His words seemed to make her snap out of her trance as her eyes shot wife open and she immediately sat up in her chair even though every muscles in her body was aching in protest and the little devil in her stomach had decided to start fir herself and her entourage a little party.

"What are you doing here? Is the party over?" She looked down at her wrist to check her watch for the time.
"The party could not have been over, it is still too early and a lot of events ahead."

"Well I had to check on you since I heard that my assistant had worked himself sick."

"Oh." Skyler didn't know what to say to that .

"It seems to me, Mr White, that you love collecting compensation from the company. I'll tell you now that working yourself to death would not amount to a work injury."

"Even if I fainted while working?" Skyler nervously let out a humorous smile even though that was the last thing she was feeling then was humor.

"Mr White." Mr Montgomery shunned in a hard voice.

"What, the company has more than enough money to compensate me." Skyler continued, not ready to listen to her boss scold her.

Fredward let out a sigh and shook his head.

"You are very sick right now. It's not a matter of jest." He scolded.

"I'm a strong male man. I'm fine. I'll shake it off." Skyler did her best to say the most chuvenistic response she could think of.