CHAPTER SEVEN: 'HIT ME' SIGN

SKYLER'S POV

I came back to work with a clear head and hopeful heart. My streak of bad luck is over as far as I was concerned as after that accident, it had been a little over three weeks now since then and I hadn't sustained any injury. I guessed this was the job for me after all...pfttttttt. I should have known that I'll jink myself hard because another and more humiliating injury was awaiting me in future. Shouldn't have let down my  guard.

It was a bright morning, the birds were singing, the sun was shining, the sky was blue...or so I thought. I might have been hallucinating because I took that as a sign that everything was going to go well. Even stupid Albert hadn't annoyed me that morning.

Turns out the universe was buttering me up and fattening me up for the kill later in the day. I got to the company and Mr Fredward was also in a good mood which doesn't happen often.

Few hours before my lunch break I was busy sending emails that Mr Montgomery had told me to. My phone rang breaking my concentration. I picked up the phone and the voice that came from it was familiar because that voice has been calling for a week now. It was infuriating to say the least and the fact that she was one of my favorite actresses wasn't helping.

Sasha Day. One of the best actresses in the country. Beautiful, elegant, with the iconic princess smile and a great actress too. She is otherworldly and I have always admired her works. She had a way of bringing the characters to life, letting it resonates with the audience.
To the media, she is a beautiful, confident and elegant woman who takes her career seriously. And that's what I thought too. I was so wrong.

Sasha Day is Mr Montgomery's girlfriend...uhhhh no, not girlfriend, not even friend. Booty call seemed to be the right word. Mr Fredward ignores her and barely pays attention to her other than the time he wants her to warm his bed. Their relationship was anything but exclusive. But apparently Miss Sasha has other plans in her mind.

She is clingy, rude and downright mean. Every day, she calls and try to talk to Mr Montgomery or make an appointment, but it's me that have to shut her down per Mr Fredward's orders and it is me who end up at the receiving end of Miss Sasha's fury and it's safe to say that Miss Sasha WAS one of my favorites actress. The past tense emphasized.

I didn't think there'll come a day when I'll be insulted and humiliated by the sweet and elegant voice of the Sasha Day.

No one knows what's it's like to be called names in a voice that sounds like it's coming from the mouth of a fairy princess?

Scarily humiliating. That's what it feels like.

"Good afternoon Miss Day." I greeted as politely as I could as I picked up the phone.

"I want to talk to Freddy." She ignored my greetings and went straight to the point.

"I'm so sorry Miss Day, but Mr Montgomery at the moment is very busy and is unable to answer the phone at the moment. I would be happy to take a message to him." I'm getting good at this assistant thing. I can barely recognize my own voice. I sound like those nice and warm flight attendants.

"Listen and Listen carefully you distasteful bitch—" oh yes. Miss Sasha thinks I'm female as she deduced from my very female sounding voice which is true and I've never corrected her since she's actually correct. She must think that I'm a new assistant intent on sinking her claws into Mr Montgomery and dragging him into her layer.

"—i'm done being nice to you." She snarled.

You were never actually nice, but okay.

"Tell Freddy that it's me Sasha and he'll want to speak to me. Do as I say now and I won't have him fire you."