CHAPTER NINE: A BINDING PROMISE AT THE BAR

SKYLER'S POV.

When we got into the car, he didn't say one word to me until his driver, Sam, drove off to my residence. I didn't want to leave him, he didn't look okay and I'm sure he wasn't okay. I hated Connor but the things he said tonight bothered me.

Suicide?

No, no, I don't want to think about Mr Fredward and the possibility of death. It left a bitter taste on my tongue, a sour taste in my throat and a churning at the bottom of my stomach.

"Mr Fredward?" I called him but he looks like he is outside his body, in a far away place I couldn't reach and that unsettled me in ways that left me very disturbed.

"Mr Fredward?" I called again and this time he had responded.

"Good night Mr White." He said in a monotone. He still wasn't looking at me, his voice sounded dead and the warmth that I used to feel from him everyday was replaced with a shilling cold aura that left a cold sweat on my temples and a chill in my bone.

"Are you alright, Mr Fredward?" I asked again reluctant to leave him like this. Infact, I didn't want to leave him at all. I wanted to stay here by his side to watch him, to make sure he was okay and I knew I wasn't doing it just because he's my boss but because I have come to care for Mr Fredward and I wanted him to be fine.

"Leave, Mr White. Now." His cold voice ordered and there was something about the way he sounded that scared me. I've never been scared of Mr Fredward. At that moment I knew he hated me.

Was it for not leaving when he asked me to?
Was it for hearing all those things Connor had said?
Was it because I tapped his hand away so I could check on his bruise?
Was it because I punched Connor?

Or was it just all of the above?

"I don't want to." I said back in defiance. "You don't look okay sir. I need to know that you are okay."

"You either leave respectfully Mr White or I throw you out."

Okay, he's really mad at me and it's obvious he didn't want me to continue staying.

"Fine, I'll leave." I resigned. "Don't forget to ice the bruise Mr Montgomery. Good night sir."

I said and at that moment and i had felt the huge chasm that had been made between I and Mr Montgomery. I felt like I could call him Fredward anymore. I had seen or rather heard about somethings he didn't want me to. Something that was private to him and he couldn't forgive me for that.

Now, I was at home lying on my bed and staring at the ceiling of my bedroom after ignoring the boys who wanted me to tell them about the party and all the celebrities that were there.

What could I say about the party except that it was a disaster? I couldn't tell them about it, even of the earlier part where I had been surrounded by celebrities and the industry giants. Tonight felt personal on a different level. Like a dark and tragic memory I could keep only to myself.

I had changed from my party clothes into a huge baggy black round neck t-shirt with a bold white inscription that says  'I'm a boss bitch' over a strawberry pyjama shorts.

I couldn't wipe my mind off Mr Montgomery and all I could think about was him and the words Connor had said. That was all I thought about until the exhaustion took over my body and sleep drew me into it's dark, and blissful oblivion.

I don't know how long I drifted across that vast emptiness of the dark oblivion with my body feeling as light as air and as heavy as a body of water at the same time, but a loud ring from a small rectangle shaped device pulled me out of that oblivion.