CHAPTER THIRTEEN: THE RED DEVIL AND HER ENTOURAGE

SKYLER'S POV.

Gahhhh...I hate my life.

Why am I a woman?

Why do women go through the constant cycle of excruciating pain every months?

What is even PMS?

Why should it happen?

I curse you, my fallopian tubes for putting me though this!

A loud groan escaped my lips again as I stumbled across the small hallway to the living room and slumped myself down into my the three sitter couch.

Unlike every normal woman, my menstrual cycle pops up at her own will every month, breathing hot fire to my belly and piercing a pin into my vagina.

It came last night, with no warning or heads up and it reared its ugly head into my life and brought along with it, its entourage to torment my life and make the rest of my week a living hell.

Way to start a Monday morning with tiny devils in your belly dancing inside your belly.

"Good morning." Taylor greeted cheerfully as he walked out of the kitchen with a flaming hot mug of coffee in his hand, clearly waking up on the good side of the bed.

"Ohh. You look...not fine." He said blowing air to his coffee to lessen its heat.

"Thank you for letting me know that because I didn't, you idiot." I said sarcastically with clenched teeth and a glare that could kill any man.

"Oh, I see." A look of recognition flashed on his face. "It's the time of the month, isn't it?" He wasn't really asking, everyone in this home knew I had the worst menstrual cramps the universe has to offer and my mood was bad along with it.

"Give me that." I motioned to the coffee in his hand.

"But it's mine." But with one look he nodded his head and placed it in my hands. "I'll just make myself another cup."

I didn't respond and just sipped on my coffee and almost let out a relief sigh. Coffee make things better.

He came back into the sitting room and took a sit next to me.

"You look pale Sky. Can't you just skip work today?"

"And tell him what? 'I'm sorry sir, but I'm on my period?' " I snapped sarcastically.

"Why don't you just go with fever." He inputted sarcastically, not in the least bothered by my behavior.

Normally, when I'm going through this phase in my life, I stay at home, take heavy pain killers enough to knock me out and if I wake up and I'm still in pain, I spend it crying into my blanket and cursing the universe for putting me through it, until the guys come to pull me out and I spend the rest of it, stuffing myself with junk food and watching movies that I already know its ending. And if it was bad bad. I got myself drunk, to numb the pain.

"I can't. The company's hosting a small event and I can't just cancel on it seeing as I'm the one who organized the whole thing." I groaned and squeezed my eyes shut as a wave of pain shot into my lower abdomen and somehow affected my vagina, it was like tiny fire ants and a thousand pins.

God, I think I'm gonna die.

"I can't take the strong pain meds, I can't stay in bed and I can't get drunk. I think I'm going to die." My voice shook as I felt tears pricking my eyes. "And I have to be on my A game or Mr Montgomery would suspect that something is wrong."

"I have nothing to do today anyways, how about I help you." Taylor offered and I turned my attention away from my coffee to him.

"Really? How?"