Chapter 39: The Quidditch Final

It was now spring time, and the quartet had decided to go and visit Hagrid, who was by the Great Lake. Hagrid had come back from Buckbeak's hearing, and he had used the defense Joni and Hermione had prepared for him. The quartet exited the bridge and wer about to walk down the slope to visit Hagrid, though three were in a heated argument about their pets.

"I find it astonishing that someone who prides herself on being so logical can be in such a denial." Ron argued.

"Harry. Joni." Hermione turned to the twins. "Will you explain to your dear friend Ronald that he has absolutely no proof whatsoever that my sweet, unassuming cat ate his shabby, decidedly decrepit rat?"

"Like she's said many times..." Joni said to Ron. "... you don't have proof it was Crookshanks that ate Scabbers. It could've been another cat, or it died of old age. Remember how old the rat was?"

"Harry was there! He found the hair in our room with me! He'll tell you how it was. Go on, Harry, tell her."

"No, i won't." Harry said. "Know why? Because i don't care about your stupid rat! I don't care about your stupid cat! I've got few other things on my mind right now!"

"Really?" Ron asked. "Wasn't you had to roll under the bed that night to avoid getting cut to ribbons! A person could die being your friend, Harry and Joni!"

Ron suddenly stopped, and wished that he could take what he said back. And from the looks on Joni's, Harry's and Hermione's faces, they all wished he could. They then continued to walk to Hagrid's, not saying anything.

Standing by the Black Lake, Hagrid was standing knee-deep into the water, skimming rocks as big as flagstones across the water. The quartet was standing by the shore, with Joni and Hermione together, while Harry and Ron were by a large rock, with Harry sitting on it.

"How did it go, Hagrid?" Hermione asked. 

"Buckbeak liked London." Hagrid said.

"I meant the hearing." Hermione asked.

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there." Hagrid then threw another rock at the lake. "And then i got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaning his feathers. And then Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine."

"Yeah, i can imagine, all right." Joni said, rolling his eyes.

"He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as look at you."

He then threw another rock.

"And then?" Hermione asked.

"And then he asked for the worst, did old Lucius."

"They're not sacking you!" Ron said.

"No, i'm not sacked."

He threw another rock, but then Joni noticed Hagrid's shoulders started to shake, and he was getting a bad feeling.