Chapter 14: House Cup Winner

Couple days later, Joni started to finally wake up. When he opened his eyes and started to regain his awareness, he noticed he was laying on a hospital bed. Turning to his left, he saw Harry also on a hospital bed, resting peacefully. He also saw in front of them lots of presents and candy from several people.

Joni then turned to his right when he heard footsteps coming in, and inside the Hospital Wing was Professor Dumbledore, who was approaching his bed.

"Good afternoon, Joni." Dumbledore greeted.

Joni stared at the professor for few seconds before he looked again at the presents on the foot of his bed.

"Ah. Tokens from your admirers? Dumbledore asked.

"Admirers?" Joni asked.

"What happened in the dungeons between you, Harry and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So, naturally, the whole school knows. I believe your friends Misters Fred and George Weasley were responsible for trying to send you a toilet seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you. I see that your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs"

"Ron was here?" Joni then asked. "Is he all right? What about Hermione and Caitlin?"

"Fine. They're all just fine."

Joni then felt relieved to hear his friends were all right, but he was still curious about the Stone. "What happened to the Stone?"

"The Stone has been destroyed."

"Destroyed?" Joni said in disbelief. "But your friend -- Nicolas Flamel."

"Oh, you know about Nicolas?" Dumbledore asked, sound quite ecstatic. "You did the thing properly, didn't you? Well, Nicolas and i have had a little chat, and agreed it was best all around."

"But then, Flamel, he'll die, won't he?"

At this, Dumbledore looked down and sat down on the bed Joni was laying on.

"He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die."

"How is it i got the Stone, sir?" Joni then asked. "One minute i was staring in the mirror and--"

"Ah. You see, only a person, who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me, that is saying something." And both of them laughed little at this before Joni thought of something.

"Does that mean, with the Stone gone that is, that Voldemort can never come back?"

"I'm afraid..." Dumbledore started with a heavy heart. "there are ways in which he can return."

Joni looked down at this before they heard groaning coming from Harry's bed. Turning to look, they saw Harry waking up.

"Hey, big brother." Joni said smiling. "How are you feeling?"

Harry reached for his glasses and looked his brother and Dumbledore.

"I'm feeling okay." He then realized the headmaster was here with them. "Oh, Professor Dumbledore."

"Good afternoon, Harry." Dumbledore smiled at Harry.

Harry then noticed all the different presents and sweets on the foot of their beds and a smile grew on his face before he asked "What happened?" With this, Dumbledore started to explain to Harry what he had already told Joni.

"Joni, Harry." Dumbledore asked after he finished his explanation. "do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?"

The brothers shook their heads.