Chapter 22: Duelling Club

The following night, Joni was sleeping in the Hospital Wing, whe he started to hear the voice he and Harry heard during the Halloween.

"Kill. Kill!"

Joni opened his eyes and started to look around the room to try and pin point where the voice is coming from, and he started to look up the ceiling.

"It's time."

Joni then looked straight a head of him and the House-elf Dobby standing on the bed in front of him.

"Hello." Dobby said.

"Dobby?" Joni asked and glanced at the door.

"Joni and Harry Potter should have listened to Dobby. Harry Potter should have gone home when he missed the train."

"It was you. You stopped the barrier from letting my brother and Ron through." Joni said, starting to feel angry.

"Indeed. Yes, sir."

"You nearly got Harry and Ron expelled."

"At least Harry Potter would be away from here. Joni and Harry Potter must go home."

At this, Dobby got closer to Joni.

"Dobby thought his Bludger would be enough to make Joni Potter see--"

"Your Bludger? You made that Bludger chase after me?"

"Dobby feels most aggrieved, sir. Dobby had to iron his hands." Dobby then showed his bandaged hands and fingers, and while Joni felt a little sorry for the House-elf, he was still angry.

"You better clear off before my bones come back, Dobby, or i might strangle you, like i said the last time."

At this, Dobby let out a whimper and jumped off the bed, while Joni got up himself.

"Dobby is used to death threats, sir." Dobby said while backing away a little. "Dobby gets them five times a day at home."

"I don't suppose you could tell me why you tried to get Harry expelled and why you're trying to kill me?"

"Not kill you, sir. Never kill you. Dobby remembers how it was before Joni and Harry Potter triumphed over He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. We house-elves were treated like vermin, sir. Of course, Dobby is still treated like vermin..."

Dobby then started to cry before he blew his nose with his cloth. At this point, after what Dobby said about the house-elves and how they were treated, Joni's anger started to go down.

"Why do you wear that thing, Dobby?" He asked as he noted the cloth barely fit him.

"This, sir? It is a mark of the house-elf's enslavement. Dobby can only be freed if his master presents him with clothes."

They then heard a clanking noise coming from outside the Hospital Wing.

"Listen. Listen!" Dobby whispered and jumped on the bed, with Joni leaning closer to hear.