Chapter 35: Grim Defeat

Few days passed after Black's attack, though everyone felt like the attack didn't happen, since there hadn't been any signs of Black. Right now, the Gryffindor third years, joined by Ginny, were in front of their common room door. The Fat Lady had been replaced with a new guard, though everyone thought he was much worse.

The new painting guard was Sir Cadogan, a knight who would always try to pick fights with other Gryffindors in duels. He also made a habbit of consistently changing the passwords, which annoyed everyone, as Cadogan came up with several ridiculously complex passwords that he would change at least three times a day. Neville even had to write down a notebook of passwords everytime this happened.

"What villains are these that tresspass upon my private lands?" Cadogan asked and started to swing his sword. "Who dares challenge Sir Cadogan? Back you scurvy braggarts, you--" As he swung his sword back and forth, he fell backwards. "Whoa!"

"He's barking mad

"He's barking mad." Seamus said to others.

"I don't know what you expect." Dean replied. "After what happened to the Fat Lady, none of the other pictures will take the job."

"He keeps changing the password." Neville said. "That's twice already this morning. I've taken to keeping a list."

Joni and Harry, who were in the back, started to walk away, and others started to follow them. Meanwhile Cadogan had recovered and stood proudly again.

"Farewell, comrades." Cadogan said. "If ever you have need of a noble heart and steely sinew, clal upon Sir--" When Cadogan hit his chest armor, his helmet fell on his face, and he quickly removed it. "-- Cadogan."

"Yeah, we'll call you." Ron said. "If we ever need anyone mental."

Everyone laughed at what Ron said, and finally walked away.

---

Another few days later, the third-year students were sitting in the Defence Against the Dark Arts class, waiting for Lupin. But when the door behind them opened, everyone was surprised who entered the classroom. It was Severus Snape.

Snape pointed his wand at the windows one by one as he marched to the teachers desk and closed the windows. He then pulled a screen down before facing the students.

 He then pulled a screen down before facing the students