Thirty One

•••small town rumors•••

The tempurature seems to drop extremely fast as I wait for him. The sky goes down to dark, and so does the temp. It seems like hours when he finally comes around a corner, coming into view. "Oh my god!" I breath out with relief as I stand up. "Cole." I walk over to him, and look up into his eyes. My hands are around myself in a hug, trying to warm myself up.

"Are you okay?" He asks me, wrapping me in a tight hug. I shrug, not wanting to divulge anything to him.

"Let's go."

He guides me to his car, halfway to it, starting to rain. "Shit." I whisper.

Cole opens the passenger door for me, despite all of the angry tension between us. I already know this car ride isnt going to be good, especially after how I treated him in the lunch room.

In complete. silence, he drives down the road, starring straight forward. The loud rain pounds onto the vehicle. The familiar smell of the natural water oozes into the car with us, bringing me some form of comfort. My fingers are cold, burried under my thighs, attempting to warm them up.

I finally look over at Cole, remembering Nathan. "Thank you for calling me about Nathan." I whisper, moving my eyes to the dusty dashboard. Cole says nothing, staying like a stone. "I said thank you." I add, my voice getting sharper. "Cole. Fine. Im sorry about the damn cafeteria. How did I know that was going to be a problem?" I add, louder.

My eyes fly up to the road as I notice him pulling over the car. "What are you doing?" My curiousity gets the best of me as he puts the car into park.

He unbuckles his seatbelt, quickly, and with a sharp yank at the seatbelt, he turns to me with his hand still on the wheel. "You know, I dont remember what you said in the cafeteria. Care to remind me?" Suddenly, his attitude is at an all time high.

I sit back, my face falling into even more attitude than he could ever muster. I am ten times more angry than him. "No Cole. This stupid childs game. You know exactly what I said because it is clearly effecting you this much. Im just trying to make things right between us again."

"For Alex?" He asks me, bringing his brother into the conversation.

Rolling my eyes at him, I shake my head, appalled he would even suggest him. "I never mentioned him. But yes it would be nice, because you both should apologize."

"You might find this difficult to understand New York, but here its the guy who throws the punch that apologizes, not the guy with the black eye." He points at his face.

"Oh shut up Cole! Dont make me feel like a fucking idiot. First, you know Im not full New York, and second, you literally had it coming."

"Oh, uh huh right. Cause I stole Paige?" He asks with sarcasm, sitting back in his seat.

"Thats exactly why." I cross my arms. "You went after your brothers girlfriend Cole. I knew you did some shit. But I never ever expected that."

"I didnt do anything wrong." He repeats, not meeting my eyes. I shake my head with a deep breath. How thick headed can you be?

"Please just admit it. Once you do, you know it will be better. Everyone will move on." Coles eyes fly up to mine.