Thirty Seven

•••revolutions•••

The creaky wooden door of my room opens and I look over with a bright smile to Alex.

He is wearing his little flannel and jeans outfit for the big race he has today. The country boy outfit always makes me laugh because its so weird to see on him. Ive always called Cole Cowboy, and seeing an actual cowboy has changed my mind.

It sucks I have to miss the second half of the rodeo part, I would love to be there to support him.
But this audition for the summer intensive was scheduled way before I knew about any of this county fair stuff. But I should be getting picked up by Danny just in time to get to the carnival for the concert.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks me, stepping inside and resting his hand on my bed frame. His blue eyes stare deep into me, taking in my every move as I pack up my bags.

"Im nervous. But itll be okay. Are you nervous?" I ask, poking at his pectoral muscle with a small laugh. The sun shine through my small window, hitting him just right in the eye. It reflects out, making the blue even more beautiful.

"Nah, I just have to ride like I did yesterday."

"Well then youve got it in the bag." I compliment, finishing packing up my ballet bag, and an extra backpack to change into after my interview. I grab a pair of sweatpants from the end of my bed and throw those on top of my leotard to keep me warm while getting to the studio.

"Im more excited about going to the concert tonight." He mentions in a flirty tone.

"Ive never been to an outdoor concert before."

"You havent lived." He laughs. I throw the bags on my shoulder, and start to walk out with him following me. "So I'll see you there?"

"You sure will." I give him a fist bump as we walk down the stairs. "Danny will pick me up and bring me straight there. You dont have to wait for me or anything." I explain, turning on the stairs to look back at him.

"Okay. Youre going to crush it Elle." I smile at him, my cheeks turning red from the happiness Ive felt with Alex ever since we made up yesterday. I really missed our friendship while he was mad at me.

I step out onto the warm porch and take in a deep breath. This weather is perfect. I've craved it for so long. My eyes meet Danny's who sits with his legs up on the railing, while sitting in one of the white wicker chairs.

"You ready Elle?" He asks me, jangling his keys.

"I hope so." I laugh nervously, bounding down the steps. Across the way, in the shed, my eyes land on Cole. He is in a white wife-beater tank top and jeans. His muscles pop out prominently from his position, leaning over his black truck.

"You definitely are, little Manhattan dancer." Danny jokes.

"This thing will be going any day now!" Cole yells at the two of us who are clearly starring as we walk to the car.

"Yeah right!" Danny yells back, hopping into the drivers seat with us snickering. The first thing he does after starting the car is rolling down the windows. "You want aux?" He asks, handing me the cord.

"Oh god yes please." I say, grabbing the it and hooking it into my phone. I need all the comfort I can get right now.

He puts the car in drive with a smirk. "I figured as much."