Thirteen

•••nineteen•••

The entire long car ride out to the cabin is quiet. I was in the back seat by myself because Danny took shot-gun. I threw in one of my airpods and listened to Harry Styles the whole way out.

The second we pull up, everyone hops out of their cars and I can see who is going to be here. Erin, Dylan, the girl Cole was sneaking in and out of the house , the girl who was talking about me, and a few other football boys. This is a whole ass mixing pot for drama. but I'm literally only here for the booze.

I get out of the car, next to Danny. And the girls from the other car look over at me with judgement. I give them a huge smile back with tons of sarcasm and they just roll their eyes as they walk away. "Bitches." I whisper under my breath.

Danny chuckles, his shoulder coming against mine for a second. "It'll be okay." He affirms before walking off to someone who called his name.

Running my hands along my crossed arm I walk through the cold air towards the cabin, awkwardly following everyone. As I pass the other girls in the driveway, Cole suddenly places his jacket on my shoulders with ease. I look over my shoulder at him with a smile.

Walking away, the other girls come up to me. "Hi girls." I say with a clearly fake tone.

"I didn't realize I was gonna be having such a Elle- centered day." Erin says, looking at the jacket with her nostrils flared. I roll my eyes with a smile as her and her friends walk ahead of me, complaining.

Glad I could know I have that much effect over her. Walking inside, Danny comes next to me, carrying a crate with tons of alcohol bottles in it. "One for me?" I ask him with a smile. Shrugging, he pulls out a bottle of rum.

I smile and walk ahead, quickly finding the kitchen. The first thing I do, is down a shot by myself. And then the second thing I do, is find shot glasses and heavy whipping cream.

Walking out of the kitchen, I am now balancing a tray of shots as I go outside where everyone else is around the fire. "Dirty condom anyone?" I ask. A couple people grab some off of the tray and I set it down on one of the tables.

"What did you just say?" Erin asks looking up at me from her chair.

"I said dirty condom." I repeat, my eyes meeting with Dylan's and then Cole's. Dylan has fun written all over his face. He wants any piece of woman who talks to him. And Cole is just silently amused, probably learning more about me.

"Ew what the fuck is a dirty condom?" Olivia asks with a smile, grabbing one off of my tray.

I also grab one. "It would be rum, and heavy whipping cream poured on top."

They all smile at me with mischievous looks before we all down our shots. Smiling, my cheeks turn red and I sit down in a chair where a beer is waiting.

"Don't think you're a big deal." Erin says.

"I don't think I'm a big deal Erin." I say, closing my eyes and relaxing back on the chair. She's being so petty, I just want to chill out. I part my eyes slightly as she walks over and sits on the edge of Cole's chair.

"So who wants to go skinny dipping?" Dylan asks after finishing a beer.

"Dude, it's like fourty degrees in there." Danny warns.

"Then I guess I will have to have someone to keep me warm."

"I will," I say, standing up. My legs feel like jello right now. It's such a great feeling.

Cole looks over at me, sitting up. His eyes are dark. He shakes his head. "No, you won't." He laughs. Danny also looks over at me, clearly concerned.

"Why not?" I ask Cole, offended. Before I know it, the girl who was talking about me in the bathroom is offering and I am forgotten by Dylan.