Twenty Four

We get to Monteys, and almost the whole place is empty. It is perfect. On the way over, Cole and I finished our flasks so now all I wanna do is dance. Since it's empty, Nathan and Kylie hook us up on the jukebox, with all of my favorite hype songs while we wait for our pizza to come out.

"Shelly! Its Elles birthday!" Kylie argues with her boss behind the counter. I think they are arguing about turning off some of the lights. It would make this ten times better.

"And it was my birthday in july, I didnt get to do whatever I wanted." She argues.

"But this is Elle. Howard. Shes special." My ears perk up as I look over at the two of them.

"The one who moved with her sister to the Walters?" She asks in a whisper now. I peek out of the side of my. eye as Kylie nods. Everyone knows Im the one whos family died. And thats all Ill be for a long time. Damn it.

Finally, her boss agrees, and Kylie turns off all of the lights, leaving the old neon signs on.

Everyone yells and cheers for Shelly as we gather in the middle of the room in a huge group. As we scream the words to, Ride With Me by Nelly, I grind my ass against an eager Grace. She is waving her hand in her face as if she is about to faint. I know that if her parents caught us like this, she would be grounded.

"Ayy!" My sister yells, looking at us, and then getting everyone to catch along. I laugh as I fall out of ryhthem and move along into another group with Marie, Skylar, and Nathan.

"Your guys' dance is really showing right now." Nathan taunts to the two of us girls.

"Its not fair." Skylar agrees.

"If any of my instructors saw me shaking my ass like this I would be dead. Its bringing me back to my New York days!" I yell with a laugh. And thats when I meet my eyes with Cole who sits at a table with Kylie, drinking his Coke.

My lips curl up as soon as I see him, and I dance my way over to the two of them. "Now what are you two party poopers doing over here?" I ask, throwing my hand on my hip.

"We dont dance." Cole says in his plain voice. Ive been able to tell hes been watching me this whole time. I know he wants to dance.

"Well," I go around his chair, and run my hand down his back, landing in his back pocket where I pull out his flask. Cole jumps from the intimate touches, that I didnt even mean. I giggle, meeting eyes with Kylie. His rum mustve done something to me because the amount of balls I have right now is crazy. "Thats what this is for. A little liquid courage."

I open it up with my mischevious smile, and take sip, scrunching my nose. I pass it to Cole, who does what I told him and takes a sip. As I look at Kylie, I take it out of his hand. She used my families death as a guilt trip to be able to do this. "You trust me?" I ask her, looking around. She does the same and then nods. No one is in the front of the house, her boss is in the back. I grab her cheeks, my eyes meeting Coles for a minute. They burn into mine with curiousity as I dare to ask that.

"Open." I tell her. She opens her mouth, and I tilt it her head back, my hand slightly on her neck as well. Sexy Chick by David Guetta comes on, making this even more fun.

And I begin to pour the rum into her mouth. "Elle." Cole warns from beside me, just as Kylie begins to chug. All I can hear is the sound of the music and the pour of the liquor into her mouth. "Dance with me." He grabs my hand, the one pouring, and stops it. My eyes meet his, and there are tears in them.

I didnt even realized I had spaced out. What is wrong with me? What was I trying to prove?

"Its okay." Cole whispers, into my ear, closely behind me. I stop in the middle of the floor, next to Danny and another girl who mustve just walked in. "Are you okay?" He asks me as we stand there, completely still.