Thirty Eight

•••revolutions•••

I step outside of the studio, internally freaking out. Everything went so good. I thought it was perfect. If I were her, I wouldve be impressed.

Until I barely landed my second jump. My foot slipped. I had the ability to catch myself, and continued like nothing happened. But mistakes like that dont just get forgotten. Especially with the amount of time Ive been working on it.

I turn to look around, squinting my eyes in the bright, golden sunlight. Danny is no where to be seen. Looking down at my phone, I see its almost dead, and Ive gotten no messages. "Over here New York." Someone yells from the other direction Im looking. No one but Cole calls me New York.

A groan escapes me as I turn and find Cole looking at me with my eyebrows coming together, confused.
He is now wearing a gray sweater with his dark jeans, still looking just as good as before I left the house. He wears a smug smile on his face, standing in front of the one and only black truck. Cole got it running in just a few hours.

"Where the hell is Danny? He was supposed to be here." I storm over to him, my mood even more overshadowed now.

"I know. But Benny wanted him to read his bed time story so you get me instead." Cole answers, putting on a cheesy smile.

I walk towards the truck, about to grab the door handle when Cole grabs it for me. He stops, not opening the door. "Not gonna say anything about the truck?"

"If I didnt know any better, it would look like your compensating for something." I sass, looking him up and down, directly looking at what I was suggesting for a split second. He rolls his eyes, slightly shocked by my statement. "Im meeting Alex at the fair."

"It took almost a year of rebuilding the engine." He flaunts. It's taken almost a year of me rebuilding my life I think to myself.

"We are going to the concert." I remind him. Looking away, and into the truck, he keeps his solid eyes on mine, making my cheeks turn red. Starring into his eyes will only get myself in trouble. They look beautiful.

"Yes I know. Thats where Im taking you." He snaps back, losing his patience a little.

"Does he know?" I ask, quickly.

"You can relax, he knows." Cole assures me with a proud smile, finally opening the door. "We had a good talk today."

"You made up?" I ask, my heart jumping. I told Cole that we could be something once we both got everything in our lives figured out. And we are practically to that point. I am so proud of us.
But I am also extremely nervous now.

Cole nods. I hop into the truck, slamming both of my bags inbetween us and waiting for him to get in. At least I know with these bags, there wont be any accidental kisses or touches. There will be something seperating us, which just puts my mind at ease as well.
His entire vibe today has been extremely good. I can tell he is doing so much better, which makes me also extremely happy for him. Ive never wanted to talk to him more, but I need to resist.

He hasnt said hes sorry. And yes, actions speak louder than words in my book, but I need words to put my mind at ease.

There is also no telling what will happen if he apologizes. I might lose myself because he has
that power over me. I might get wrapped up in the moment. Im just hoping to get to the concert in silence.