Chapter 29

The day of the first task was upon us. I sat with Harry encouraging him to eat some breakfast as he nervously sat waiting to head down to the Champions Tent before the task began.

"You'll do just fine Harry," I murmured to him as I rubbed his shoulder trying to ease his worries.

"Do you actually know that or are you just saying that?" He questioned glancing over at me. I just smiled and gave him a small wink, indicating I knew it but I actually had no idea. I felt his shoulders sag just that bit as the tension he had been holding on them for so long released.

"Now eat something, you'll need your strength," I muttered as I put some sausages, eggs, and toast on his plate for him. He let out a small sigh before he began to dig in. I knew he was fearful of the possibility of losing his breakfast in front of everyone but I knew he would be just fine. I sat in silence with him as we finished our late breakfast before Professor McGonagall came to collect him for the task. I gave him one last encouraging smile before he was whisked away out of my sight. I rubbed my face, stressed out and ready for these tasks to be done and over. That's when I felt the side of my face prickle, as the sensation of someone staring at me came forward. I scrunched my eyebrows before turning to see who it may have been just to lock eyes with Mad Eye Moody. He stood tall with his staff clutched tightly in his hands, as he stared me down. I felt my hand instinctively reach for my wand as the need to defend myself grew. Never in all of my years of being stared down by the man has a feeling of dread creeping up on me like it had just done. Just as my hand closed around the wand tucked safely in my boot did he look away and walk off, as though he just noticed my eyes looking at him. I watched him as he left before I released my wand and began to relax myself.

"Who the hell is that?" I jumped and quickly turned to face the other side of the table where the voice came from. My eyes widened as James sat there, I hadn't seen him in months.

"Where the hell have you been?" I hissed lowly to him demanding an answer.

"Oh, so now you're choosing to acknowledge me," He snarked at me. I looked at him in confusion, I let out a huff before standing and striding out of the Great Hall to find a safe area to talk with him out in the open. I could sense him quickly following me as I entered the first empty classroom I came across, before closing the door.

"The hell are you talking about James?" I questioned gesturing to the door indicating I was talking about his comment.

"I've been trying to get your attention for months," He replied, "I did all sorts of things, it was like I was talking to a brick wall,"

"No you haven't been here since the first week of school, you just left," I told him

"I've been here the whole time, unlike you, one minute you were here and the next you weren't. I had Lily calling me back due to you entering the afterlife. Finally I overheard Dumbledore telling your friends you were in the hands of Saint Mungo's Healers," He explained.

"It did more than just remove my visions," I whispered to myself before taking a seat in defeat.

"Cassidy, what is going on?" He demanded to know.

"Voldemort," I whispered looking up at him, I watched his concern expression turn to one of seriousness as he straightened up, "He's aware of the light you hold in my life, he's trying to cut it off," I whispered feeling defeated for not realizing it sooner. That's when the roar of a dragon alerted me of the task now starting. I stood striding over to the window to watch the quidditch pitch as fire erupted from the inside of it.

"Cassidy," He firmly stated my name to gain my attention once again, "What has you worried?"

"Harry," I whispered as the image of a graveyard came to my mind, of Harry pinned up against a statue of the reaper wearing the very same shirt he wore this morning before heading towards the tent, "Voldemort will return before the end of the school year,"