Chapter 6

"Her fever finally broke," A voice whispered.

"Good, that's good to hear," Another whispered back.

"Do we know what happened?" 

"No, all the portraits that were around her stated that she left a room, disoriented, scared maybe, was running, and stumbling, getting back up before she would flinch back at something, and turn another way. She was deep into an area that most people don't wander, without the help of the portraits we never would have found her,"

I felt my stomach lurch, my head felt heavy, as did my limbs, but my stomach wasn't waiting I barely managed to turn myself, and released the contents of my stomach all over the floor. I was covered in sweat and layers of blankets, everything hurt, the lights were still too bright, everything was still too loud, but the ringing and the voice was gone. A pair of feet quickly rushed to me, as I continued to throw up, and soon a bin was placed underneath my head, catching all of the vomit. I quickly ran out of stuff to throw up, but I continued to gag and throw up nothing. Once my stomach began to settle and I came to a stop, I was quickly maneuvered back onto the bed correctly, and the blankets on top of me were fixed. I tried to fight off the hands, but I was quickly pinned down.

"Cassidy, Cassidy your safe," A voice quickly stated trying to calm me, my eyes moved around frantically trying to find the voice speaking with me, "It's Professor Snape and Madam Pomfrey," He stated right as my eyes found him, "Your safe, your okay," I began to shake my head no, no where was safe, nobody was safe. My mind was turned against me, a dark voice beckoned to me, he was alive, and he would return. Darkness was coming, War.

"Yes, you are, your safe right here in Hogwarts," Snape insisted, "Call for Dumbledore," Pomfrey quickly took off to do so, without questioned.

"No where is safe, not anymore," I cried out, and I could feel the pressure once again, as if my skull was going to bust open, "Get out of my head!" I shouted I watched Snapes eyes widen as my hands shot up to my head, I began gasping for air, as the pain began to surround me once more. Snape quickly pulled out his wand and began muttering chants, and placing different charms around my bed. As he did so, I felt the pressure ease, allowing my take in big gulps of air. Everything began to feel heavy once more, I could feel my eyes begin to droop, as I felt exhaustion take over.

"No, no, no, Cassidy, stay awake," Snape stated flicking his fingers in front of my face causing me to flinch and force my eyes open.

"How long?" I questioned him, as my eyes began to fall close once again.

"Four days, it's been four days since you collapsed," He stated, "We need to know what happened,"

"So much, so, so much" I whispered as I was engulfed with darkness once again.

"No, no, Cassidy," His voice trailed off.

(3rd Person)

Snape let out a sigh, as Cassidy's head went limp, and she fell into another deep sleep. Snape looked down at her and felt pity for her, for the first time in a long time. Her unruly hair that was once pulled up into a pony tail, now stuck to her with sweat, her whole body was soaked in it. She woke up terrified, of what, he wasn't sure. The doors to the hospital wing opened, causing Snape to leave the bedside, to greet Dumbledore.

"How is she?" Dumbledore questioned, his concern for the young witch was at an all time high.

"She just fell back asleep," Snape stated

"Did you get anything from her?" Dumbledore questioned.

"Not much, she says no where safe, and then yelled for something to get out of her head. I believe a legilimen has somehow managed to enter her mind. I put a few charms around her, and she visibly relaxed," He stated 

"There must be something else going on, I already checked the room of requirements, her crystal ball was shattered across the floor, lamps tipped over and broken. She's never been known to be violent or quite so disoriented after having a vision,"

"Some people have been known to have visceral reactions to having their mind invaded, and Cassidy is definitely not weak minded, meaning whoever did it used a lot of force to do so, I've just never seen one quite so reactive as this one," Snape stated, "Thankfully her fever broke today, and she was coherent after we got her to calm down, so hopefully the next time she wakes, she'll stay awake,"

"For now we wait," Dumbledore stated solemnly starting at the covered bed, which held the girl they were currently speaking about.

Something was brewing in the air, it was as though the whole school could feel it. After the terrifying sight of Cassidy Black being hauled through the school with a slew of Professors behind her, it left everyone on edge, waiting for the next foot to drop. While most people were terrified of the Black child, they all knew one thing Cassidy was as tough as they come, and seeing her in the state that she was, causing everyone to worry, to whisper, to wonder just what happened. Little did they know just how quickly the second foot would drop, as not even two days later Sirius Black broke into Hogwarts and attacked the Fat Lady. With the school on high alert all of the students were quickly rounded into the great hall to sleep while, a professor stood watch over the sickly Black girl.