Chapter 13

I stared down my father who was now walking around in circles around the room. Neither of us said anything, as we both were still processing that we were both here.

"How'd you find this place?" He finally asked turning to look at me.

"I had a vision, of a man pressing the knot on the tree, I just followed my gut," I told him still not believing he was in front of me.

"Did anyone follow you?" He questioned next snapping around to me.

"No, nobody followed Dad, we're fine, you're fine, you're safe," I whispered to him, "Why are you here, the dementors are looking for you," I explained to him

"You and Harry aren't safe, Peter Pettigrew is here," He told me. I furrowed my eyebrows at him not understanding.

"If he were here Dumbledore would know," I told him, "It's not like a full bodied person like him can just walk through the doors Dad," I shook my head at him, "He blew up, the only thing that was left-"

"A singular finger, have you ever seen that red head boys rat?" He questioned me causing me to raise my eyebrows at him.

"Who Harry's friend? Ron?" I asked

"Yes, yes, Ron he has a rat missing one finger. Sweet girl, what can I and James do?" He questioned me.

"Shift into animals, I remember," I laughed, "You're a big furry dog and Uncle James was a stag,"

"And what was Peter?" He asked

"I don't know, I never liked the man," I told him

"He was a rat, when I confronted him planning on taking him in, he cut off his finger and then caused the explosion, before he turned into a rat," He told me, "Do you believe me? Please, tell me you believe me, I never would've done that to you, take away your family,"

"Dad, I've been voicing your innocence since they took you to Azkaban," I told him, "Plus I know Pettigrew is alive. You can't hide much from someone who can see into the future," He rushed over to me and knelt down in front of me grabbing my hands.

"I'm sorry Cassidy, I never should've gone after him, because I did I left you all alone. I only ever wanted to protect you, that's the whole reason Peter became the secret keeper. I didn't want to leave you alone, and now look I still did," He placed his forehead against my hand as he cried, I pulled my hands away from his before wrapping him up in a hug.

"I was never mad," I told him, "Like I told Lupin, emotions were running high, no one could've predicted how we would all react to it,"

"But you should've been my priority, Lily would kill me if she could," he stated

"I know," I chuckled with a shake of my head, before I pulled away, "I've missed you,"

"I've missed you too sweet girl, the Minister was a least kind enough to update me with you progress at Hogwarts, I hear you've turned into quite the witch," He smiled.

"All O's on my exams," I told him with a bright smile, he smiled back at me, "You need to go, you've been out here for too long,"

"I spend most of my nights wandering," I told him, "The Professors won't be surprised to see me, they've been very relaxed with me as of late as well,"

"Due to your stint in the hospital?" He questioned me.

"More or less, thank you for the gift," I smiled with an attempt to change the subject

"Of course, now go," He whispered to me. I nodded giving him one last hug before I headed out of the room and down the stairs back to the tunnel. I then began the long trek back to Hogwarts, he didn't need to know what I was going through. If he did, I didn't want to imagine just what he would do. I also didn't want him to see my actual anger at him, because I was just so angry. I understood, but it didn't stop the anger, he left me, I was alone in the world with no one to help me. I was beyond angry with him, but he was my Dad, and I knew that emotions were running high that night, but like he said I should've been his priority.