Chapter 8

Molly Weasley was quite the character to say the least. She was asked to come by Charlie who couldn't get the time to come up and check on me himself.

"The bloody owl got lost on the way to the house, so I only arrive a couple of days ago," She stated, causing the young girl to laugh.

"Considering I only woke up today I think it's alright," I whispered with a laugh

"Sure just dandy, until you get ten more owls, wondering why I haven't told Charlie anything about your condition," She added on.

"I didn't realize he cared so much," I told her

"Oh please he's been talking about you for years now," Molly stated without thinking causing my cheeks to go bright red.

"Thank you," I whispered looking at her, after we had finished talking about my studies.

"For what dear?" She questioned me.

"For raising a man like Charlie, anytime someone learned of my last name, it sent them running for the hills, but not Charlie. Thank you for not running off too," I whispered

"Darling it takes a lot more then a name to send me running," she told me causing me to smile, "Charlie said you didn't have many friends, I think he lied to me," She stated gesturing to the mountain of gifts, that I have yet to look at.

"I don't, no one ever wanted to be my friend. I'm not sure who all sent this stuff, maybe they felt bad for me," I stated staring at it all, as Madam Pomfrey walked in with two plates for dinner.

"Madam Pomfrey who sent these?" I questioned

"Some students sent the get well soon cards, but the gifts, I'm not sure, they were all sitting outside the hospital wing with a single note that held your name on it. We checked it over and it's all fine," She explained, "and Molly just so you know visiting hours are over in about an hour,"

"Thank you," Molly smiled, before Madam Pomfrey walked out. It wasn't much longer that Molly took her leave promising she would come back and see me before she had to leave tomorrow. I thanked her for her company before she waved me off, and left with a final hug. Once she was gone I began to eye the basket full of gifts before I began to dig through it in hopes of knowing who sent it. I examined all of the candies, and books as I pulled them out one at a time. A card laid at the very bottom, I opened it up and let out a small gasp.

It said get better, baby girl, but it was stamped on one side with a large foot print. My father somehow managed to get this to me. He somehow knew I was in the hospital wing and left it for me. I quickly closed the letter and stuffed it back into the envelope and hid it in my bag that was left with me, along with a change of clothes for when I felt up to getting a shower.

"Miss Black, I didn't want to interrupt your time with Molly, are you feeling up for a shower?" She questioned me. I quickly nodded and she helped me up. Once we were sure I was going to fall right over, I was led to the showers. Once she was sure I would be okay on my own, she left me to my own devices. Once the shower was nice and hot I stepped underneath it. The hot water caused shivers to wreck my body. I began to scrub all of the grim and sweat off of my body. Followed by the washing of my hair, after scrubbing and rinsing it several times, I was finally satisfied. I shut the hot water off before stepping out of the shower and wrapped my body and hair in a towel.

Once I dried off, I got dressed and headed back to my bed, I saw that while I was gone, Madam Pomfrey took the time to change the sheets and blankets giving me fresh and soft clean ones. I sat down cross legged on the bed, pulling the blankets over them, before I began to take the time and brush through my hair. As I reached the end of my hair, I could feel my eyes droop with exhaustion causing me to lay down once more and sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was two days later when Snape visited me once again.

"Have you ever heard of legilimens or occlumens?" he questioned sitting beside my bedside.

"I can't say I ever have," I told him honestly.

"Voldemort is a legilimen he is able to enter the minds of other people. Occulmen are people who can close their minds to it. I feel it appropriate to teach you the ways of occlumency," he stated

"Do you have experience with occlumency?" I questioned him

"I do, I am one, it won't be a pleasant experience learning, but once you do, you'll be able to resume your normal activities of practicing your seeing," He stated

"Did you ever speak with Trelawney?" I questioned him.

"I did, she's never heard of such a thing happening, so we think it may have started as a vision but became hijacked when Voldemort entered your head. It wouldn't be surprising if he found out about you with everything going on, especially with you being all over the Daily Prophet along with your father," I nodded at him as I clipped the necklace on around my neck, "But for now lets get you settled back down in the dorms," He stated causing me to nod and pack up my all of my stuff into my bag. I pulled the bag around my shoulder and soon left with Snape, waving goodbye to Madam Pomfrey on our way out.

As we hit the main hall I could feel everybody's eyes on me, then the whispers started. Snape didn't stop moving for a single second as he led me down towards the dungeons. We came to a stop in front of entrance.

"No rushing off, and getting all of your missing work today, you can do that tomorrow, and start working on it after your last class of the day, you'll have all weekend to finish what you can. While you may be feeling better don't over do it trying to play catch up. We will meet for our Occulmency session starting Monday, after dinner," he finished off.

"Yes sir," I smiled, before giving the password, it quickly opened, allowing me to step in. I made my way to my dorm and quickly settled into my bed, happy to be back in my room. The walk from the Hospital Wing down to the dungeons managed to wipe all of my energy causing me to fall asleep once more.