Chapter 5

The classroom fell into a tense silence after Harry's outburst. You could feel the tension crackling in the air, as I filtered around and checked on other students potions. Never once did I go back to Harry's table, I could feel his glare following me as I moved about. While I managed to wipe it off his face for just a moment, it was quick to come back, so it was no surprise when his potion blew up.

"10 points from Griffindor, you should pay more attention to what you're doing," I stated as I waved my wand and his mess disappeared, I quickly checked on Ron's before moving on. As students were finishing their potions Snape got up to come around and check on them with me. A majority of them got it correct, though there were a few that managed to mess it up, and soon everybody was packed up, and I switched the class back over to Snape's instructions. He quickly dished out the homework, and released the students. I watched as the all quickly left, with Hermione and Ron shoving Harry towards the door. I could see Hermione's mouth going a mile a minute but couldn't hear what was being said, before Harry jerked himself  away from the two and stalked out of the classroom.

"A family matter you say?" Snape questioned me.

"He somehow found out about what my father did," I stated, "Or at least what the rest of the world believe's he did,"

"Why are you so insistent that he is innocent?" Snape finally questioned.

"During the War Lily, James, and my father were always running off to fight," I began, "Whenever they were gone, they made sure I was safe and I was never left alone. The night of, well you know, I've never seen my father so scared and frantic, and then he just left me there, in our home by myself. Three days went by before someone found me, auror's flooded our home looking for anything to pin on my father, that he was working for Voldemort the whole time, but instead the found me, curled up in a cupboard with a blanket and a stuffed animal, scared and alone. That's how I found out everything. No one believed me when I said this next part. Sirius wasn't their secret keeper, I heard James and Lily downstairs and I wanted to see them. They were arguing, trying to get my father to agree to being the secret keeper, but he was worried that Voldemort would be the first person he would go after, and my father had to keep me safe. Before they could continue arguing I kind of fell into the kitchen. They all looked at me before looking at each other, and the last thing that was said about it came from James, 'Alright Sirius, we'll ask another,' and then James scooped me up and we had one last happy night together," I stood there in silence for a moment, "That's why I believe he is innocent, and why I believe Pettigrew was there secret keeper, otherwise my father had no reason to go after him, and I couldn't stand the man he had a weird vibe about him,"

"I see," Snape whispered, causing me to look up at him and I could see a look of contemplation on his face, "Head on off, Miss Black, you did quite well today," He stated causing me to nod and leave. I quickly head out, heading up to the room of requirements. I set my bag down as I took a seat at the desk and began to finish up homework from my classes during the week, once I was done, the desk melted away into a small round table, with a crystal ball sitting on top of it. It didn't take long for something to begin showing up, but as I stared at it, my vision began to go black, before I was engulfed in it.

When I came back through everything was jumbled the lights were to bright, I had a splitting head ache.

"I see you," A voice hissed in my ear. 

"Get out of my head," I growled, holding my head as I tried to stand up, but quickly tripped over the couch. Something shattered behind me. Everything was blurry, too loud in my ears, I would turn and look at something, but it would morph into another vision, memory maybe. I need to get to the hospital wing.

'You can't run,' It hissed again, as I pushed myself through the doorway. A loud ring began in my head, causing my confusion and the distortion of everything to become worse. I turned to my left to see, and hear an explosion, causing me to turn back and try another way.

'Bone of a Father'

"No, no," I whispered as I came to a dead end, forcing me to turn around.

'War is coming,'

'The Darkness is Here,'

The voices wouldn't stop.

'Join me, and you'll be held in glory, come to me young one,'

"Never," I shouted back, "Get out of my head,"

The ring of the clock began, and it rang loud in my head, it felt like my skull was shaking. I was confused about where I was, I couldn't tell which way was up or down, I didn't know what floor I was on. The pain became worse, the ring became louder. I felt my body collapse on the ground, and I greeted the darkness that came around me. The ringing kept growing, then everything went dark, and silent.

I remember moments, someone calling out my name, a white beard, blacker than black hair, a shout for people to move out of the way. The blurring of the walls, as we moved past the quickly, the never ending hiss of a voice.

"So alone, so lonely, so unwanted, join me and I could bring meaning into your life, a family,"

I remember mumbling things, that I couldn't even understand, trying to ward off the darkness, and pain that unwillingly entered my skull. Every time it would catch the attention of those around me, one of them would say my name, but before I could respond the darkness would welcome me back home, bring me peace once more.

I remember being laid on a bed, and a flurry of activity around me. I remember catching the eye of Madam Pomfrey. Before she quickly shoved a potion down my throat before I could fall asleep once more, I gulped it down before falling asleep and staying asleep.