Chapter 9

I entered the room last. I was running late, having overslept no longer used to getting up so early anymore, after weeks of doing nothing for obvious reasons. The door closed behind me with a thud, causing everyone to turn to me, and for McGonagall to quit speaking.

"Sorry for being late Professor," I stated as I quickly took my seat.

"I didn't realize you would be joining us today, Miss Black, considering you got out of the Hospital Wing yesterday," She stated, staring me down, causing me to look down sheepishly.

"While I am still dealing with some side effects, I feel as though I can make it through this class," I started, "I just kind of want to go back to normal,"

"As if anything about you is normal Black," one of the Gryffindors muttered, but it was so quiet in the room that everyone heard it.

"Quiet," McGonagall scolded them with a glare.

"As if it's not the truth. Her father is a mass murderer, my mum questions why you ever let her into the school. She'll be just like him, and you're just teaching her how to do it," They argued back.

"My Father is not a mass murderer," I shouted back, "Don't speak on things you don't know,"

"I know it, everyone knows it, you're the only one who seems to not," He shouted back at me. I went to reply but was cut off by McGonagall.

"That is enough! Fifty points from Gryffindor," She shouted, "Miss Black is not her father, if anyone of you had allowed her to show you that, you all would know that by now. If I were to base your character on your father Jameson, then you would know exactly what I would think of your future, now wouldn't you," I watched Jameson duck his head, in embarrassment, "Now the next person who chooses to use Miss Black's father against her will land themselves in detention, am I understood," a chorus of yes professor rang out across the room, "Welcome back Miss Black," She then turned and continued on with her lecture.

"I see you have the Professor's fighting your battles for you now Black," a Slytherin, McManus, hissed at me. I chose to stay silent, knowing breaking out into another fight would just cause me to get in trouble.

As class wrapped up McGonagall's voice called out to me, "Stay behind Miss Black, the rest of you are dismissed," after a quick second the room was cleared out, and the door was shut. I stood up from my seat and walked down to her desk.

"I apologize about my outburst earlier Ma'am. I should know by now, that anytime I defend my father it will lead to a fight. I've been working on holding my tongue, especially under the circumstances," I apologized.

"It's quite alright Miss Black, given the circumstances I can let it slide," she told me, "How are you, truly?"

"Truly?" I questioned looking at her.

"Truly, and none of that crap you give Professor Snape, you're just like your father, at least with the facial expressions, I can see right through you," She explained with a pointed looking.

"I'm a mess, I have been since I woke up, my mind won't stop racing, I'm constantly tired and terrified. Knowing what's coming is terrifying. Sometimes I wish I didn't have this ability, I wish I could live in ignorance of the future, to be able to wonder what it holds, not know. And now I keep having these dreams of death and decay, I'll sleep for hours, and wake up still exhausted. Not only that but now I can't practice my gift to figure out what the dreams mean and not being able to practice means more visions throughout the day, and while I understand it's for my own safety, I just want it to stop," I finally said it all out loud

"Trust them-" I cut her off.

"I know, I know, trust them, and I do, but everything that they've decided is based on theory. Professor I have never blacked out during a crystal ball session, I always just see the future in the ball nothing more, nothing less, so why this time?"