Chapter 23

They all laughed at me as I jumped around in a circle with the Irish flag draped across my shoulders, as I cheered.

"The Irish are the best!" I cheered on, "Not only was this my first time seeing them in person but I also got to watch them win!" I twirled my way over to the kitchen before grabbing myself a mug, with a huge grin on my face. I poured some hot water into the mug before adding in some tea, I caught a glimpse of the fire as I sat the kettle back down. Then I was no longer in the tent.

Screams permeated the air, tents were being caught on fire, wizards were fleeing for their lives. Death Eaters.

I gasped as I came out of the vision to see a broken mug on the floor, with a concerned Arthur in front of me.

"What is it, Cassidy?" Arthur questioned me.

"We need to leave," I quickly replied as my breath picked up, "Now!" I pushed him forwards trying to get him going

"Grab your things," I shoved them all to their stuff, but then the screams began, "Leave the stuff, we need to get out of here!" I shouted pushing them to the front of the tent.

"Cassidy, what's going on?" Harry demanded to know, as Arthur quickly duck out of the tent.

"Death Eaters," I whispered looking Harry in the eyes so he knew how serious I was. I proceed to shove everybody out of the tent.

"Hurry! Back to the Portkey. Fred, George you're in charge of Ginny, go now!" Arthur shouted shoving them into the crowd. Harry, Ron and Hermione were quickly to get lost in the fleeing wizards and witches. That's when I was shoved forward, away from Arthur and Charlie quickly getting lost in the crowd not able to see anyone from my group.

"Charlie!" I shouted trying to shove back through to them, I was then pushed backwards again losing my footing. Another witch quickly caught me pulling me back up to my feet and forcing me forwards.

"Keep moving!" She shouted at me.

"But my friends!" I shouted, "Charlie! Mr. Weasley!"

"MOVE!" She finally shouted at me forcing me forward causing me to trip over my own feet barely catching myself. I finally began to run forward, I wasn't going to be able to find them in a crowd like this. She finally let go of me once she realized I wasn't going to run back in there to them. It didn't take long for me to get separated from the witch, as I got pushed and shoved this way and that way before I was forced into a tree. My head bounced off the side of it causing a blinding pain in my temple and my eye sight went black for a second. I let out a groan as I leaned into the tree as more and more people ran past me. I blinked a couple of times when I realized I couldn't see out of my left eye, prompting me to reach up and touch the area I hit. I hissed in pain the moment my hand touched the large gash on my head, blood was pouring out of it and covering my eye. I quickly tried to wipe it away leaving my left eye with a slightly blurred vision. I pushed myself as far into the tree as possible not willing to get ran into once again. 

Once it seemed as though less and less people were running by I pushed myself off of the tree and began to make my way further into the forest. It felt as though I was drunk, I was stumbling through the trees unable to keep my balance, my vision continuously went from clear to blurry. I remember I fell at one point, and stumbled several times as I pushed myself back up to my feet.

"FRED!" I began to shout the others names allowing a little bit of time between each name hoping someone would find me. Screams were still permeating the air, I could hear explosions coming from the Quidditch grounds where everyone was staying. How far have I gone? Where am I? How do I even get to the Portkey? I was turned around, confused and no one was helping I felt another person shove by me, pushing me. My feet caught the root of a tree making me fall back down, but this time everything went dark.