Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

‘Cupid,’ I took a deep breath and I steadied myself. You have to take control of your body from over reacting! ‘I… I want to tell you something.’

… And another deep breath.

‘Actually I’ve wanted to tell you this before… I’ve been keeping this from you for a very long time but I was too shy to admit it to you…’

I looked down only to find myself playing with my own fingers.

‘And my tongue’s holding me back.’

And my tongue’s holding me back?

I fell on my back at my bed and I pulled my pillow to my face.

‘Cupid, just another thought, can I tell you tomorrow instead?’ I murmured through the pillow on my face.

Because I’m still trying to find the courage to tell you that I love you.

*sighs*

‘Don’t force someone…’ I pulled my pillow out of my face and I saw Phoebe at the door of my room. ‘He might just say “yes”.’

I sighed. ‘Should I tell him or should I not tell him?’

‘What’s the difference?’ she snickered.

‘Of course, there’s a big difference because there’s a “not” after— never mind.’

I stood up and I took my bag from my sofa and I went out my room.

‘I was kind of thinking if I should shift or I should not shift.’ She said and I turned towards her.

‘There’s still a difference, sis.’ I said lazily as I stood in front of her.

‘That’s what I’m trying to point out to you. There’s a big difference but you have to chose what you think is best. Because one mistake could change everything.’

She tapped my shoulder and she went down stairs first.

 I have a bad feeling about doing this. I don’t have any experience with this except when I still in pre-school. Just too bad and too coincident that the kid’s name I had confessed my love was also Eros—but it still means Cupid, right?

I saw Janica as I walked pass the classroom door while she went out. I looked at her and I tried to see if I could still fix things up with her. But she didn’t even dare to look at me. So I just continued going inside to my seat.

‘Psyche…’ Janica peep her head from the door. She took a deep breath and continued. ‘I’m sorry.’

‘I should be the one to say that. I was…’ I looked down on my feet. I felt ashamed of what I have become this wasn’t me. ‘I am different.’

She runs towards me and she wrapped her arms around me. ‘You’re not. I used the wrong word. I such a bit—“

I tapped her back lightly. ‘I admit it, I know I did. I became secretive because I thought you wouldn’t understand. Turns out that I was wrong. I need you guys.  You’re the only ones I have here. What hurts me because I’m hurting you one by one without even knowing it?’ I sighed. ‘But I just want you know that this is still me no matter what you say that I’ve changed. I know that I am still here.’

She sniffed. Then she took a step back and she wiped her tears away from her face.

I laughed at her. ‘Are you crying?’

‘No! I’m leaking!’ she giggled.

I hugged her back.

‘So… no more secrets?’ she asked.