𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲

As soon as the wall behind me trembled I rushed to another side and watched it fall. A hole was created and I saw a big number painted. I walked closer to see what was there. The number was a 3 and under there was this sign saying: World In Catastrophe: Killzone Experiment Department.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

That wasn't the best name for something. What does a world in catastrophe mean? Was it what was behind the Glade? Or maybe they were the creator that made the maze.

If they were the creators, they would be the ones who gave me the bracelet, the ones talking to me, the ones who put me in the maze where Minho and Ben found me. The ones who created everything?

Just thinking of it made me sick so I didn't stay long and went somewhere else. I was alone in here, with falling walls. I don't know what was so dangerous in Alby's opinion. If you have reflexes, you'll be fine.

The bracelet took me here, it must have been for a reason. Ever since I wanted to be a Runner, it made me do things to make it realize. So I just needed to make it through the night to prove to them I could be a Runner. Proving was always what I did, but it was never enough.

But that was before I heard this metallic-animal sound. It was like a hurt animal crying for help, but at the same time, it had robotic legs dragging itself to me.

The sound got closer and when I looked forward in the way, there was a spider-looking creature with a big hole with sharp teeth as a mouth. That's when I decided to go away.

I almost tripped multiple times but it didn't stop me from running. Until I ran straight into a dead end. There was a little passage on my right so I tried to make my way there. It was tight, but I made it on the other side.

I continued running trying to find a place to hide, but it was pretty hard with all the walls covered in green ivy.

I even run straight into a wall. But the wall had clothes and hard muscles. Maybe that wasn't a wall. I glanced up and down only to see the Asian feature of Minho. I blinked twice before admitting it was him. Guess I was wrong about the Runners leaving.

"For shuck shake! What is wrong with you Asinego!" Minho screamed as if he was gonna punch me.

"What are you doing here!" I yelled back. He probably had more rights to be here than me.

"What are YOU doing here? I'm the one asking questions." He said putting his hand on my shoulder firmly, making sure I wouldn't escape. He had strong arms honestly, wait. Why was I looking at his arms? Another noise was heard and he started whispering.

"Hey. I asked you a question." He repeated.

I wasn't gonna tell him the truth so I thought of a lie he would believe. Anything could work, he already thought I was crazy.

"I was tired of respecting the rules so I ran in here. I explained before quickly changing subjects. I thought that the Runner left before the door closed."

He sighed and let me go of his grip. "They send me back. They needed someone to make sure you wouldn't die."

That was definitely a lie and I knew it because Alby was strict with the rules. If it was really what happened he would have let me alone and hoped to see me back in the morning.

"Come on, I don't need someone to protect me, even less you."

"Trust me you do."

He glanced at me weirdly before walking in another direction. I don't know if he wanted me to follow him, or if he just wanted to leave me alone.