𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐁𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬

I was laying with Chuck on a side of the Glades he had shown me. I did not really care that my clothes were still in Newt's hut since staying here seemed like a good idea.

The only light visible was the one of the moon lighting Chuck's smile. For me, he was like a brother, way more than Ben.

"You and Minho make me think of Lee Shang and Mulan." His tired voice said.

"You're the only girl in the Glade and you're way stronger than half of us. Minho is Asian and definitely has something for you."

His references to the Disney movie made me realize that even if I forgot my old life some things did not disappear.

"I don't think so." I chuckled and smiled. "How do we remember this, but not our old life?"

"I don't know creator thing." He sighed and yawned. "Tell me you remember Ratatouille." He said looking at me in the eyes.

"Who do you think I am? Best movie." I said smiling at his bright eyes.

"We should ask Frypan to make one." He proposed putting his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, we'll do that, 'night Chuck."

"Goodnight Eve."

I did not fall asleep right away but the boy did, he was probably used to sleep in the grass every day. I stared at the sky for a quick instant, but I lost count of times and started to fall asleep with his breathing.

༄༄༄

Alby did warn me about the Builder, but jeez, I did not expect them to look at me like I was their new meal. I could see their glazes on me and tried not to give too much attention.

Gally seemed still mad when he saw me arriving at the builders' spot. He stepped towards me and stared at me superstitiously.

"Save me the 'I hate you' speech, I don't wanna be here either, Gally."

"I don't hate you Greenie, I just wanted to initiate you but this little man didn't plan on letting me go."

I crossed my arms and lifted an eyebrow, knowing he was talking about Chuck. "What did you had in mind anyway?"

"Showing you around and not having the only girl here kick my crotch. With the other Greenie, I fight with them at the bonfire sometimes they remember their names which was the main reason, but I wouldn't have done it with you." He explained keeping this mean attitude.

"Why? Because you were scared I would humiliate you and beat your ass?"

He got closer again and I could see he was getting angrier than usual. Which is hard to see his normal face.

"Quite the opposite."

"Don't wanna get your balls kicked again don't you?"

I heard the chuckle of other Builders behind him and he got away from me almost slapping the one that laughed at him. I observed him walking away.

Great he's mad, but he is the keeper, how am I gonna know what to do? Soon the other Builders got back to work and I was still standing here waiting for instructions.

"Just grab this and come with me." Before I could know what was happening a box of tools got put into my hand and I saw the man walking away.

"What are you waiting for Newbie, come on."

I ran with the boy, he had short blond hair and he looked a bit like Zart, the keeper of the Track-Hoes.

"Um where are we going and what's your name?"