𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲

Minho and Ben ran into the maze, mapping any change. All the Runners were divided into groups of two, to analyze the labyrinth. Minho, as the keeper, decided to put this restriction with Alby's approval.

Today was a Greenie day, which signifies that a fresh Glader was going to arrive with them. Both of the Runner couldn't wait for their job to end, to go see the Newbie.

"This way." The keeper said between his breath.

He then altered his path to the left side. Ben followed him.

"..."

"HOLY KLUNK!" Minho then stopped his run as he glanced at what he had practically tripped over.

The Asian looked at a body, a girl's body, lying on the floor. He looked at Ben, confused as hell.

"What the shuck is that? Is it a Griever?" Ben asked.

"Of course, it's not! Do you really think a girl like this could scare the Klunk out of the Glade?" Minho responded.

"I don't know, I had never seen a Griever. Why is she in the maze, why a girl, is she dead?" Ben raised questions at Minho.

"Maybe you could ask her, oh you can't, she is dead!" The boy continued, annoyed by the questions. Mimho then goes closer to the girl. He put his finger on her throat, to feel if she was breathing.

"She is alive, just unconscious." He told.

"For real Minho, what do we do with her!" The other Runner continued.

Minho seemed to reflect on the girl's case, by crossing his strong arms.

"We got two choices, leave her here with the Griever or bring her to Alby."

"Do you consider the first option? We find a girl, who is obviously the only one here, who also looks lifeless and you would want to skip the only opportunities we have to get answers from the maze?" Ben let out, not figuring out his point.

"Okay fine, we'll get her back to Alby, but I don't promise you that the entire Glade won't glance at us like goddam paparazzi. Besides, how do you want to bring her back?" Interrogate Minho.

"Lift her, you are stronger than me..." Ben said like it was the easiest thing on earth.

Minho looked at him like he just said to shuck her.

"I am not gonna do that! We can easily both lift her arms on our shoulders! The boy corrected.

"Sure, sure."

The two Runners then pick her up by her shoulder.

"Damn, she is heavy," Minho said, whispering.

Ben giggled slightly at his remarks. 

"You are lucky she is unconscious because a girl could easily kill you for saying that." He replied, walking throw the maze.

"You think a girl could kill me?" He coughed.

"Whatever..." Ben sighed, not wanting to agree about something useless with Minho.

"Why do you think she is here," Minho asked his friend.

"I don't know, maybe girls don't come from the box," Ben suggested. "But no girls even came here."

"Maybe some girls already came from here, but no Runners even found them." Minho thought.

"We are enough Runners for every section, they would have seen her." Ben corrected, knowing that she was just someone special.

"I don't know, they could have just didn't tell us. We all know that all Runners aren't like us. Hawk, for example if he saw this girl, who knows what he would have done." The Keeper said as he replaced the girl position.

"Why did you take him as a Runner if you don't trust him?" Ben interrogates the Asian.

"He runs fast."

Ben nodded, not sure of this argument. After hours of walking, since they couldn't run, they finally made it back to the glade. It was probably around 2 pm.

Some Gladers that were already outside looked at the two boys coming from their jobs. They quickly run to them.

"What the shuck!"

"Is that a girl?"

"Why is she dead!"

"What happened?"

And a lot of other questions were asked. The ten Gladers around the Runner fast turned into twenty and thirty. Alby and Newt joined them after listening to the chaos going on. 

"Everyone, go back to work!" Alby ordered, but no one moved. He sighed realizing it was pointless.

"I said now!" He said louder this time, scaring some Gladers. They all left, still watching with an attentive look.

"Alright, get her to the Med hut and Minho tell me everything." He asked again.

He informed his leader he didn't do anything, just saw her dying on the floor and decided to bring her back here.

They opened the hut door and glanced at Clint and Jeff speaking. Jeff was the last Greenie and Clint, as the Keeper, thought he was a great Med-Jack, so he made him become one.

The boy looked at his supervisor and hoped for him to teach something about girls.

"Don't ask questions, Clint, just help us," Newt asked the Keeper.

"I'll try, but you bring a girl here, what do you expect me to do?" He responded, curious about what happened with this girl."

"I am gonna help you, first, I don't know what happened we just found her in the maze. Second, no I didn't do anything. Third, don't ask me anything else, 'cause I don't shucking know." Minho replied, tired of all these questions.

"Alright..." Clint said, rolling his eyes, exhausted about the boy's replies.

"Have you noticed anything about her that doesn't look normal?" Jeff questioned Ben and Minho.

"She is heavy. And I don't know what girls look like, but I thought they were pretty.." The Keeper of the Runners examined the girl again, looking for something other that was unusual. She had long black hair tied in a ponytail, some scars around her face and muscular arms. Her eyes were not visible but she was giving brown eyes.

Clint looked at Ben for a real answer, not approving the other one.

"She got blood on her body, and one of her wrists looked like a rock when I touched it to lift her." He explained.

"That also," Minho stated.

Clint put his finger in different spots to take her pulse, like her neck and her wrists. Jeff grabbed a paper towel that he wet to take the blood away.

"I guess we just have to wait until she wakes up..." Clint announced.

"How long is it supposed to take?" Newt interrogate.

"Depends, could be minutes, hours, days. We don't know." Jeff told them.

"But if she stays here for days, we would need to feed her, right?" Ben asked the Med-Jack.

"Yeah, we would have to." That's why we need someone always here to watch her.

"I didn't know finding a girl, was taking care of a dog." Minho let go.

"Shut up, Minho, you are going to be the first to keep an eye on her," Alby commanded.

༄༄༄