𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠

After I saw one of the Runner coming into the MedHut with his shirt almost ripped off and blood coming out of many places, I knew I wouldn't be a Med-Jack.

The plant stuff was alright and small injuries too, but that was not the same for this almost dying situation.

"How did he make this!?" I asked Clint and he responded in a whisper.

"I don't know, Runners always have injuries like that, because of the risk of just Running around." He whispered a little too loud and Jeff heard it. "Oh and some pretend it was a Griever, but no one lived to tell what it looked like."

"Hey! You're not supposed to talk about the Griever it's just her third day!" He grounded him.

"It's not a big deal, I bet she already knows about it. Since I arrived here, all the Greenie knew about the Griever for long enough. Right, Evelyn?"

"Yeah Griever, cool things trying to kill the Runners, that's why I wanna be one!" She responded sarcastically but obviously, Jeff didn't see it.

"Excuse you?! You wanna get killed by a Griever, as a Runner?"

"Jeez, I was kidding, I do wanna run with the Runner too, it'll allow me not to see y'all shuckface."

I was surprised to be using that expression after my third day here. It must be because I was hearing it from everywhere.

"It makes me think of something! Have you written your name yet?" Asked Simon as if I knew what he was talking about.

"Huh?"

"We have that wall where everyone writes their name when they arrive, Alby is supposed to do it with the Greenie." He explained better.

"It's to make sure everyone is alive at the end of the day or what?"

"Well, some of those names are crossed, but it's more to leave a trace of us or... I don't know man." Replied Clint.

"Well, I haven't done it yet."

"You should go ask him, tell him we told you you should tell him to write your name." Added Simon.

"What is that supposed to even mean?" Said Jeff looking at him weirdly.

"Go ask Alby." Shortened Clint for all of us comprehension.

"Fine, I will."

༄༄༄

The end of the day arrived quickly and I did as the boys requested. I didn't even need to find him since he was already looking for me.

"Evelyn I heard we were both looking for each other, what did you want to tell me?" He asked as he started walking with me in the Glade.

"Simon told me you were making the new one writing their names and I thought I could write mine."

"Oh yeah you should, I forgot about that." He said

"You forgot? You mean you wouldn't have made me write it if I didn't remind you?"

"No, well, I would have realized one day or another."

I stared at him a little annoyed by the one supposed to be our leader.

"Alright come with me, I'm gonna show you where to write."

He took a knife out of his pocket, since he was bringing them everywhere, and guided me to the Maze entrance.

"We're going inside?" I asked and without noticing, there was a smile on my face.

"No, you dumb shank. It's there." He pointed to the rock just next to the Maze and there was already plenty of others name written on it. Some in better handwriting than others.