21] "FACADE & HOPE"

Abhimaan's pov:

Overwhelmed .....that's what I am feeling right now ....completely opposite to how I felt a few minutes earlier ....

When I came back to the Mansion earlier and saw Ayaan standing close to Amara ...my blood boiled...but knowing that Amara wouldn't have a problem with it ....made that fury turn into pain ...

I cleared my throat letting them know my presence ....Amara immediately removed his hand from her neck ...that made me want to laugh ...come on ..no need to hide it Amara ....

I took my time to check her out after he left...I couldn't control my eyes ....she is looking ethereal in this saree...so classy with a royal touch to it ....

She too looked at me ...and I helped her tie that necklace which that stupid brother of mine couldn't even hook properly....after I hooked it ...I did what I have been thinking to do.....

I apologized for kissing her .....she looked at me angrily ....I guessed I should apologize once more...she is not satisfied with my apology ....

She was about to say something but we were called to come down ... So I was about to go...but she pulled me back and hooked her arm with mine ...oh ...she needs to show off the false image of our relationship to the world too ?I smiled sadly at that thought ...

I am trying to decode the actual reason behind her every action so that I dont misinterpret things and fall into the same pit again....

She said we need to talk at the staircase ....I nodded....yeah I need to apologize again ...may be she will scold me....or accept my apology to continue her act ...

As we reached down ...we were bombarded by questions from many reporters ....first few were regarding the recent project so I answered ...and then A reporter questioned Amara about the reality of our marriage being a necessity to her ....

When she answered that Marriage wasnt a necessity to her and I was ...and that all she needed is me to be happy ...my breath hitched .....my heart and minds battle began...one wanting to beleive her words and one mocking the other for being so weak infornt of her....

After answering the questions we were aksed to dance ....we rehearsed ...or I might add....Amara forced me to rehearse last weekend ....but still I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.....she might not show it openly ....but would feel uncomfortable inside...I couldn't let that happen...

But she surprised me by asking me for a dance and more it ...she even called me Mann infront of everyone.....

I finally gave in and we both danced completely lost in each other's eyes ....

If only all this is true...if only the warmth in her eyes is not a facade ....seeing her so close to me all night long when I know none of this is true made me feel suffocated ...so I left for our room for a breath of fresh air as soon as the reception ended ...

I went into the balcony ....and it started raining ....I didn't care ....I wanted the rain to soak me....while I finally let the tears free ....

But after few minutes ....I heard a sound and immediately wiped my tears ...

Amara urged me to get inside ...as if she cared ....I didn't budge ...but requested her to get inside because though she didn't ....I do love her....I do care for her ..I can't let her get sick...

But she stubbornly stayed asked  if I felt guilty for kissing her  ....I gave in and answered her question truthfully so that she will finally go inside ...