Chapter 44:Reunited With The Family But Learn The Visitor From Her Past

Author note: It's the moment that we all be waiting for

Author note: It's the moment that we all be waiting for. I'm adding the late great Oscar nominated and Emmy Nominated actress  Diahann Carrell(RIP)in the chapter as Whitley's mother Marion Gilbert. Its part of reunion and it won't sit well how Yvonne is gonna reacted now she will reunited with her adopted Combs family. This is will be long.

One Year Later in 1989 POV

Yvonne's family and friends enjoyed their life's together with her two daughters one year now her ex-husband Norman Sims is now in jail back in his hometown Chicago, IL now he started to served 75 years in prison. Daryl and Yvonne's relationship is finally official. They are now dating since now he is the biological father of Amanda. He seems soo excited and now he is getting education in Hillman college for third year. Yvonne is finally making up for what she didn't finish college until next year. Her daughter Amanda is now going to Kinder Garden  in the fall and her daughter is now 3. She re-connected with her friends.

Yvonne POV

I'm miss them so many years but now I'm back prepare for Mother's Day. Mother's Day Brunch is coming up in few days. I can't wait to see my adopted mother. Whitley and I'm finally talking about what expected.

"So Yvonne, tell me when is your mother coming?"

"She is coming from Paris, France tomorrow."

"Paris, France?"

"We've been waiting since. You're gonna meet my mother."

"Oh I can't wait."

The telephone is ringing so I answer."

"Hello! Hillman. Hi, dad. It's my adopted dad. You're not coming? Why?"

"Your adopted mom is in the hospital."

"What is wrong with my adopted mom?"

"She had a stroke."

"My eyes are started to watery. I can't lose the mom that she raise me.

"Is she gonna be alright?"

"She will. She is sorry she won't be visit you this year. I'm so sorry."

"I'm gonna come by visit her. Please let her be OK."

"Is everything OK?"

I hang up as I try to hold back my tears.

"Its my about my adopted mother. She is in the hospital."

"What happened?"

"She had a stroke."

"Oh no! It's terrible."

"I gonna go see her now."

"Keep us in your prayers for adopted to get better."

Mother's Day Brunch POV

Mother's Day is finally here earlier before Sunday. Lots of mother's and daughters are having brunch. Mr. and Mrs. Ganes are finish cooking for us but what's missing is my adopted mother is not gonna come to event. It's a blow for me. 

"Hey I'm sorry she won't come."

"Hey it's no worries. Thankfully she will be started a rehab right now. She is try to talk and walk."

Now I'm looking forward to meet your mother. Is she here?"

"Yes she is right there. Hey mama! I'll will be downstairs. You gonna love her."

"Hey my baby!"

They smooch kisses as I came downstairs as Whitley is finally introduce me to her mom. I was shocked to see her. It was a biological mother Marion.

"Momma, This is my best friend Yvonne  Combs."

I stare at Marion for couple of seconds.

"Momma, this is-

"Yvonne?"

Author note: Uh oh! It is the moment that that Yvonne meets Marion Gilbert. How is she gonna reacted? Stay tuned for the bombshell next chapter.