Chapter 9: Talent Contest/Graduated/College Begins

Author note: It will be three parts in the chapter now Yvonne is about to start her life after make thru four high school years. It will be short chapter. And by the way, I add Jasmine Guy is finally in the chapter now.

Yvonne age of 18 POV

I'm is finally sang Phyllis Hyman's song "Somewhere In My Lifetime" on stage front of their crowd in Performance Arts School in concert for the Talent Contest. I got the fantastic voice. They love my performance, and got long standing ovation. I wear a beautiful long red dress. I'm in the frontrunner and last five contenders. The moment that everybody is been waiting for the winner. Gosh! Hope I win this.

"Ladies and gentleman, they made decision. The winner of Talent Contest is:

The host open and announce.

"YVONNE COMBS!"

My mouth drop as they announce I won. I was overjoyed. The crowd went nuts and roar in cheers. My tears stream down my face. I wipe my tears as I say my thank you speech.

"OMG! Thank you everybody in NYC. I wanna thank my parents The Combs who are there. Thank you everybody for vote for me."

Judge gave me the trophy that won. It's been night for me. And now I gonna get ready to celebrate a victory win. I'm headed off to dinner in the city.

"Oh Yvonne, I'm soo proud of you."

"You are fantastic."

"Thanks guys. I'm glad they take your time off from work to see me performing."

"Are you ready for your last day in high school?"

"Yess!  It's coming fast and I gonna get ready to graduate. I can't wait to go to college."

"So college you are going to?"

I decide that I should do.

"I will choose Hillman in Virginia"

"It's so far away."

"I know. Hope I get in."

Graduation POV

After 4 years in high school, I'm one of the students graduate from Performing Arts School

After 4 years in high school, I'm one of the students graduate from Performing Arts School. I'm about to follow my dreams now I got accepted to Hillman college in Virginia. I'm thinking of law school or nurse school. But now I'm about to be start college in few months.

"Well this is finally been a great day now I'm graduate."

"What you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna do is singing on broadway and I wanna become actress and sing on stage. I'm ready to get started."

Hillman POV

Month after I graduate, I'm saying goodbye to my adopted Combs parents now I'm headed off to Hillman after I got accepted

Month after I graduate, I'm saying goodbye to my adopted Combs parents now I'm headed off to Hillman after I got accepted. It begins now I went to meet new people now I'm started college. I'm finally went to the dorm room and meet that new friend. Her name is Whitley Gilbert. She is a freshman and she was 19.

"Hi, You must be Yvonne Combs. I'm Whitley Gilbert. I will be your roommate."

"Hi. I'm happy to be here. The place looks nice here. I can't wait to get started."

"You're gonna love it here. Let's do sighting and I will show you around."

Now is just beginning at the day in college.