Chapter 35 - All We Could Ask For

Inside of the room with Zillie, Dan is standing over by the window, leaning against the wall as he looks at her. 

He lets out a sigh right before noticing her stirring. Coming over to see her eyes fluttering open. 

Dan: Zillie? 

She lets out a groan. 

Zillie: Oh... everywhere still hurts...

Dan: Yeah, well, that explosion is still recent. Your body wouldn't have shaken it off entirely. 

She props herself up onto her elbows, looking around.

Zillie: Where are we? 

Dan: Somewhere safe. It's where we've been for the past day or so since it happened. 

Zillie: I've been out for an entire day? 

Dan: Could be longer. I'm going to be honest, it wasn't the time I was keeping track of.  

Zillie stares at him for a few seconds before looking off to the side with a blush on her face. 

Zillie: How's everybody else? 

Dan: I haven't heard anything bad.  

She looks back at him. 

Zillie: You don't know?

Dan: Well, yeah, everybody's fine. The only bad thing would be what Ironwood said. 

Zillie: What did he say? 

Dan: John Sieks is here. And Ironwood's forgiven him. 

Zillie: What? He did? After everything, he forgave that traitor so easily? 

Dan: His reasoning was logical, even if we don't like it. Said we needed everybody possible for the fight. 

She lets out a sigh.

Zillie: Yeah... guess it does make sense. But I certainly won't like having him around. 

Dan: Neither will I. 

He lets out a sigh. 

Dan: You hungry? 

Zillie: I could eat something, yeah. 

Dan: I'll be right back. 

He flashes a smile at her before exiting the room. 

She looks out the window right before Ironwood comes walking into the doorway. 

Ironwood: Good to see you're awake. 

She looks over as he comes walking into the room. 

Ironwood: How are you feeling? 

Zillie: Could be worse, General. 

Ironwood: Has Dan already told you about John? 

Zillie: He has. He told me you forgave him.

He lets out a sigh. 

Ironwood: It's certainly difficult to. But in time like this, you need as many allies as possible. And we all know we don't want him as an enemy. 

Zillie: Sparring with him was never any fun. 

Ironwood: I told Dan I'd ask. Already spoke to Winter about it, too. How do you feel about John staying with us? 

She lets out a deep sigh, thinking it over for a few seconds. 

Zillie: Like I told Dan. I'm fine with it. But it doesn't mean I have to like him.