Chapter 14 - Always There

(No One's P.O.V.)

The scene opens up to teams CMTS, RWBY, and JNPR sitting at a table in the cafeteria eating breakfast. Kelly comes walking up with a tray in hand, sitting next to Caleb.

Caleb: Where's uncle Gyoe? 

Kelly: He went to Sieks Enterprises. Said that he wanted to check up on how everything is going. He'll be back soon. 

Caleb: I hope so. 

Ruby: You're scared of something happening to him, aren't you? 

Caleb: Of course I am. With what happened at the penthouse, I'm afraid of Kelly or Gyoe being anywhere by themselves. She was willing to kill them without remorse or regret. I just don't want my family to be broken more than it already is. 

Yang: Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she didn't. But why didn't she kill you? It seemed like she had all the time to do it. 

Caleb looks down at his tray of food, thinking for a few seconds before coming to a realization, looking back up at everybody. 

Caleb: Her eyes, they went wide when my uncle mentioned Ozpin. Then she left. Well, whoever is posing as my mom did. 

Mark: So this entity is afraid of Ozpin? 

Caleb: Apparently. But Ozpin said he didn't know what it was when I asked him about it. 

Pyrrha: Perhaps he truly didn't know. There could be plenty of things out there capable of doing what this entity has. Maybe he's trying to narrow it down? 

Blake: I certainly don't think Ozpin would lie about it. Not with what was at stake. 

Caleb: I don't think he'd lie either. I guess it's just something I'm going to have bring up when I talk to him. 

Ruby: Which you said you'd bring me with you when you do. 

Caleb: And I will. You don't have to worry. 

Pyrrha: Well, to change the subject a little, are we still doing the sparring we planned? 

Luke: I don't see why not. I don't even care if I'm watching. I just want to see some friendly sparring! 

Jaune: I'd love to watch. I think my self-esteem would do much better that way. 

Pyrrha: Don't sell yourself short, Jaune. 

Yang: This is going to be so exciting! It's going to feel so good to get some action. 

Weiss: Calm down. You might not even get the chance to spar. 

Yang: Why not? We're going to have the classroom for the entire day, right? 

Blake: Does Ms. Goodwitch even know about this? 

Pyrrha: I asked her about it after I woke up. She agreed to let us use it for as long as we wanted. The only condition was that she would be there to supervise. 

Jason: You think she'd want to pick the matches? 

Mark: She might. But we could always try suggesting our match. She might go for it if it's good enough. 

Nora: I have the perfect one in mind! Caleb and Pyrrha going against each other! 

Pyrrha: That certainly does sound like a fun match to participate in. 

Ruby: What do you say, Caleb? 

Caleb glances from her to Pyrrha. 

Caleb: I'm in. 

???: Oh, you and Pyrrha, huh? 

They look over to see a girl wearing sunglasses and a girl with bunny ears standing there.