Chapter 11 - CEO In Nature

(No One's P.O.V.)

The scene opens up to the Beacon Academy cafeteria. Caleb is sitting on a bench at one of the tables with Kelly sitting right next to him. Teams CMTS, RWBY, and JNPR are sitting around and across from him at the table. Ruby is sitting on the other side of Caleb. Gyoe is standing and talking with Ozpin and Glynda off to the side. 

Jaune: Is it stupid to ask how you feel? 

Caleb: No. I feel... sad that he's gone but I also feel happy that he got a proper sendoff. He didn't deserve anything less. 

Mark: We're all happy he did. Somebody like him inspires people, whether they know it or not. And you're just like him. 

Pyrrha: Your strength throughout this entire ordeal is pretty inspiring. You're still holding your head high, even after what happened. 

Caleb: I wasn't for a little while. 

Ruby: Don't hold that against yourself. It was devastating what happened. You weren't expecting it... and you felt your emotions shatter all at once. I've been there, too. But you managed to fight those emotions back, even if just slightly, and come back out in front of them. 

Caleb smiles at her. 

Caleb: Thanks, both of you. It means a lot. 

Yang: Hey, I just realized. Doesn't this mean you'll become CEO of Sieks Enterprises? 

Luke: I didn't even think about that. That means you're going to have to leave us. 

Ruby: What? No, it can't! You can't! 

Blake: He's next in line, Ruby. It'll have to be his responsibility. 

Nora: But we were just getting to know him! Life isn't fair! 

Nora falls onto the table. 

Ren: Relax, Nora. I'm sure this wouldn't be the last we see of him. 

Caleb: Yeah... I'd still keep in contact with you all. I just don't know when I'd be able to see you in person again.

Ruby: But... But... I don't want you to leave.

Weiss: I'd be fine with it. 

Yang elbows her in the side. 

Yang: Weiss! 

Weiss rolls her eyes. 

Weiss: Fine, I'll admit it. Life would be more boring without your irritating presence here. 

Caleb smiles at her. 

Caleb: I'd miss you too, Weiss. 

Weiss rolls her eyes again. 

Jason glances at Weiss before looking at Caleb. 

Jason: I can't really say anything that hasn't been said already. Well, except that you'd make a damn good CEO.

Caleb smiles at that. 

Gyoe then comes walking over to everybody. 

Gyoe: Well, I talked to Ozpin and Glynda. You can stay here. 

Caleb: Really? But what about Sieks Enteprises? Wouldn't I need to become CEO? 

Gyoe: Well, I figured that you were still young, and... I wouldn't want to take any of this away from you. And I also wouldn't want to take you away from any of them. 

Gyoe pauses, looking at everybody before focusing back on Caleb again.

Gyoe: I heard what everybody said. You've built up some good friendships here. So... I will assume the responsibilities of CEO... and let you stay here with your friends.