Chapter 9 - Funeral

(No One's P.O.V.)

The scene opens up with a guy in a lab coat sitting at a desk. He's holding a clipboard, writing down notes as he analyzes three glass rooms in front of him. One room has a guy in it that's occasionally speeding around it as a blur. The second room has a guy in it that's bench pressing his bed with one hand. 

A familiar looking guy comes walking into the scene, going over to the guy at the desk. He has a dagger strapped to either side of his waist. 

???: Aaron, this better be important. You know I don't like my research being interrupted. 

Aaron glances at the two guys in the rooms before looking back at the guy at the desk. 

Aaron: It certainly isn't anything less. Comes from Watts. 

The guy puts his clipboard down on the desk, looking at Aaron. 

???: You have my interest. 

Aaron: They need our help with something. 

???: What would that be? 

Aaron: Hunting down somebody. A woman. She apparently came in and expressed an immense amount of power. Going as far as making Salem fall to the floor and cough up her own blood. 

???: Do they know who this woman is? 

Aaron: Paige Sieks. 

The guy nods, rubbing his chin with his hand. 

???: That will make things very interesting. 

Footsteps are heard right before a person comes walking in wearing a blue mask with a black 'X' going across it. carrying a sniper rifle. Gauntlets with slits just above the knuckles. A pistol strapped to his right thigh. And a dagger to the left side of his waist. 

Both Aaron and the guy look at the masked person. 

???: Good to see you're back, Rogue. How did your outting go? 

Rogue speaks with a male voice.

Rogue: Would've killed my target but she moved at the last second. Hit her in the shoulder instead.

Aaron: You were sent to kill somebody? 

Rogue glances at the guy before looking back at Aaron. 

Rogue: It was your sister. 

Aaron's gaze snaps to look at the guy at the desk. 

Aaron: You sent him to kill my sister? 

???: Yes, I did. She's an obstacle to our research. To what we're working toward here! There's no way you would've went through with it. It needed to be Rogue. 

Aaron then looks back at Rogue. 

Rogue: There's a chance she could expose our entire operation. We're doing important work here, Aaron. This is all going to lead to something. And if you couldn't handle any outcome, then you shouldn't have brought her here in the first place. That's on you. 

Aaron then looks off to the side. 

???: We both wish it didn't have to come down to this. Alexis had great potential. And unless you can somehow recruit her back, she'll have to fail for us to succeed. 

Aaron turns away. 

The guy looks at Rogue. 

???: There's another important matter that has come up. 

Rogue: I can handle anything that you throw at me. 

???: I wouldn't be so sure about that. This time it might hit close.