Chapter 58

♥⁠╣CLAY╠⁠♥

'NANIA YA' BUSINESS'

None of his business, his ass.

The mother of his child had sent that message ten minutes ago.

Ten minutes later, he was in a parking lot staring at his screen knowing very well the blonde minx was somewhere out there tearing a piece of his heart by smiling at some douche in an even douche-er club.

"I'm not doing this today, Clay. Just fuck off"

Ryder breezed past him to his car in a fancy Kiton suit and a briefcase looking very much like Judge Judy minus the robe with the white lace collar.

"I'm not here to engage in whatever fist fight you have planned in your head either. Where's Ani?"

That had his brother halting against the door of his Audi Q7.

Anything remotely connected to his wife would always spark a sudden possession of the sort in Ryder.

Then again, Clay was the same weak bastard when it came to Brooklyn.

How the mighty Cervantes brothers had fallen. Fallen so hard for their women not even a fishing rod could pull them out of their debacles.

Fuming, scrunching his face like a pissed toddler, Ryder issued a warning,

"Don't go near my wife. Don't even think of brainwashing her against me. Ani will always be on my side. Always"

Ani would jump to Clay's side of the war just to drive Ryder mad but there was no use telling Ryder that.

"I'm pretty sure she's by another man's side as we speak"

That would get Ryder to yap less about his hurt feelings and yap more about his wife's location.

"Excuse you?"

"We could fight all day or you could tell me where your wife is so I can retrieve my other half from making a mistake"

Ryder didn't blink.

He whipped his phone from his pants, thunderous eyes on Clay while trying to read his bluff and a scowl impaled on marble adorning his face.

The call went through after two rings.

"Ani? Don't hang up on me, baby. Ani? Ani? Mother fucker, she hung up!"

Ryder cussed.

His phone was inches away from meeting the concrete holding the underground parking lot steady.

"Their location?" Clay asked.

"First of all, fuck you. Second, hop on. No chitchat in my car"

XX

"Trouble in paradise?"

Clay poked.

Ryder's gaze remained intensely on the traffic before them.

The traffic that was brought by the devil, prolonging the minutes Brooklyn and her girlies made poor decisions.

A few minutes of silence and Ryder's sigh was enough to puff the roof of his Audi.

"She's been sick lately. Between work and taking care of my son, I've barely had time for her. And when I do have time, all Ani wants to do is bite my head off and refuse my help like always.

I know she hates doctors, I know she's scared to go down the same path as Brooke with the cancer thing and all that.

I know it's not cancer but I also know something's seriously wrong with her. The puking every single day, the fainting spells, fatigue, the backaches...