Chapter 10

๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙BROOKE ˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑

A GLEAMING BLACK MARBLE FLOOR, BUSBOYS BRANDISHING MAI TAIS on their trays, men conversing about affluence and money like it was a tea party and not a birthday party and lastly the sculptured ice figure of the birthday boy that haunted her worse than clowns did.

Still Seoul events wouldn't compare to the narcissistic jungle of LA high society.

There were no nosy mamas trying to hook her up with their sons. There were no gregarious business men she had to entertain. Her father wasn't around to boss her on the etiquette of being a proper lady. She didn't have to talk in a certain way for the sake of the Konstantinos' name.

Frankly Seoul was the break she needed. But the break she needed, alone, not with the jerk standing a couple of feet from her coercing a sixty something old man into signing a contract.

She moved farther into the crowd, an added bonus being she couldn't grasp a word anyone said. Mandarin and Korean were languages she didn't see the need to learn.

Andria on the other hand...

God, she would have been amazing at entertaining the Korean big shots with a mere 'annyeonghaseyo'

It's translation being 'hello'. The only word Brooke knew in Korea.

The seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into unseen loneliness. She gazed at the fine drinks being waved around like manna. If she could only have a drink...

No alcohol

His deep velvety voice mocked her from the inside. She was tempted. Tempted to bend the rules of Clay's contract but the image of her father and her sister sleeping by the gutter haunted her.

She didn't doubt for a second that Clay wouldn't hesitate to act on his threats if she broke the rules. He had the power and the means. The Cervantes name was ten times if not hundred times bigger than the Konstantinos' name.

The phrase 'Marry a Cervantes and you are as rich as freaking Obama' wasn't tossed from one room to another as a rumor but as a fact.

She knew it and she hated that.

Hated the fact that Clay had some sort of hold on her.

Goosebumps peppering her arms, she took in every detail outside the glass wall that showed the vast city of Seoul at night with sky crappers so high they reached the skies.

She'd never been so far from home, well not if you counted the Philippines as far. Korea though was another beautiful country in it's own way.

Sky crappers the size of satellites, camphor trees so broad leaved that they put the ones in Amazon to shame and the museums?

They'd passed quite a few on their way to the hotel and she'd wanted nothing more than to explore the pagodas and learn all about the Korean traditional clothing and their history.

Leave it to Clay Cervantes however, to ruin that very moment by telling her 'we are not here for sight seeing'.

She pushed thoughts about him from her mind trying her best to enjoy the—

"Quite the view, isn't it?"

The voice that soared behind her gave her a fright before she turned around to see the guy who'd uttered them.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you"

High cheekbones, onyx eyes, an all black three piece suit and a lopsided smile that made him handsome if not hot.