Chapter 24

3rd Pov

Shiv returned from his work in evening. He heard the news of Anuradha's mother demise from his mother and went to look for her. She was sitting on the bed, crying. When Shiv came inside the room she didn't even look up.

"Anuradha" he said softly sitting down on the bed near her. She didn't react, she didn't look up, she was just silently crying for her mother. Shiv couldn't see her in this miserable condition. He hugged her, keeping her face on his chest. Anuradha clutched his kurta tightly and started crying. She wasn't able to stop crying even if she tried.

"Ma mujhe chord kar chali gyi" she said sobbing."Mana meri jaldi shaadi kar di thi par wo mujhse pyaar toh karti thi. Jab bhi maike jaati thi humesha meri pasand ka khana banati thi. Mere saar mei tel bhi lagati thi. Ab mujhe kon pyaar karega? Wo toh chord kar chali gyi mujhe"
(My mother left me. Even though I was married off at young age but she loved me. She used to cook my favorite meals when i visited. Oil my hairs. Now who will love me? She left me alone)

"Bas Anuradha bas" Shiv said while patting her head. He was worried for her health. "Mein hoon na tere saath. Bas baccha bas"
(Anuradha I am with you)

He kept cradling her in his arms and after a while she slept due to exhaustion. Shiv carefully made her lie down on the bed and covered her with blanket.

"Shiv" he heard his Dadi Ma knock on his door. He went outside closing the door as he didn't want to disturb Anuradha's sleep.

"Kaisi hai wo?" Dadi Ma asked him.
(How is she?)

"Kaafi ro rahi thi. Bas abhi soyi hai" he said
(She was crying alot. She just slept)

"Beta dhyaan rakh uska. Aise karti rahegi toh tabiyat kharab karlegi khudki" Dadi Ma understood the pain of losing her mother.
Take care of her. If she behaves like this she will get sick)

"Ji Dadi"

"Shiv aaja khana khale pehle" his mother said putting a plate down.
(Shiv come have food)

"Maan nhi hai Ma"
(No mom. I don't feel hungry)

"Shiv beta pehle tu khana khale phir Bahu ko bhi khila dio subah se nhi khaya hai usne. Bacche ke liye accha nhi hai"
(Son you eat first then make Anuradha eat. She haven't eaten anything since breakfast. It's not good for the baby)

"Theek hai Ma" he said and ate his food. After finishing his food, he took Anuradha's plate to their room she was still asleep. He didn't wanna disturb her but she needed to eat. He woke her up and her eyes were red and swollen from crying.
(Ok mom)

"Khana kha ke pehle phir sojana" he said
(First eat then sleep)

"Maan nhi hai mera"
(Not hungry)

"Anuradha khana khale"
(Anuradha eat it)

"Kaha na Mera Maan nhi hai" she Said raising her voice.
(I said na that I am not hungry)

"Jaan bacche ke liye accha nhi hai. Agar teri tabiyat kharab hui toh bacche par bhi asar padega. Tu chahti hai usko kuch ho?"
(My life it's not good for the kid. If something happens to you. It will have direct impact on our kid. Do you want that?)

"Nhi" she said timidly.
(No)

"Toh uske liye hi khale"
(Then eat)

She said nothing but ate quietly as Shiv fed her the food. She was silent all the time.

After eating they both laid down and Shiv hugged her from behind. He knew she was crying and the only way he could support her was by being there for her. That's the least he could do.

Anuradha turned around to him and looked at him with teary eyes.

"Kya hua?" He asked
(What happened?)

"Aap toh kabhi mujhe chord kar nhi jaoge na?"
(Will you leave me too?)

"Kabhi nhi jauga Anuradha. Agar tu jana bhi chahegi mein tujhe tab bhi nhi choruga" he said kissing on her forehead.
(Never. Even if you want to then also I won't leave you)

She hugged him tightly and slept.

A week passed and Anuradha seemed to do better. She was still quite silent and smiled alot less but she was trying. Shiv helped her alot. He didn't leave her alone, took care of her and was just there for her. He also participated in her mother's last rites and took her to her mother's house after terhavi even though his mother denied. She cried that day a lot. Looking around her house reminded her of her lost childhood but it also gave her a closure.