Chapter 8

3rd Pov
1 week later

Despite being late Anuradha did everything on time though she was very tired as she was not able to take proper rest due to her husband who kept her awake for hours. So as a result her eyes were getting droopy now.

"Bahu Chai banade" her Ma ji said
(Anuradha make some tea for me)

She made the tea and gave it to her. As her Ma ji took one sip, she immediately spit the tea back.

"Yeh kya Chai banayi hai tune? She shouted.
(What is this tea?)

"Kya hua Ma ji?" Anuradha asked not knowing her fault.
(What happened mom?)

"Zyada seedhi mat bann. Chai mei cheeni ki jagah namak daal dia tune"
(Don't act so innocent. You have put salt instead of sugar in the tea)

"Aise kaise" Anu mumbled to herself but her mother in law heard it.
(But how)

"Kaam mei dhyaan toh hai nhi toh yhi hoga"
(You are not focusing on your work. So this will only happen)

"Nhi Ma ji wo galti se.."
(No mom it happened by mistake..)

"Hn hn ek toh kaam Dhang se nhi karna upar se aaj Kal mei dekh rhi hu kaam time par bhi nhi hota. Aur phir tere paas haar baat ka jawab hone laga hai"
(You don't do any work nicely and from some days you are not even doing it on time. And now you have replies for everything)

"Aisa nhi hai"
(It's not like that)

"Pata hai hume kaisa hai. Ek toh teri ma ne tujhe kuch sikha kar nhi bheja. Upar se humse jubaan Lada rhi hai. Ab ma baap ne kuch sikhaya nhi toh beti toh aisi hi hogi na. Khud toh sambhali nhi gyi humari chathi par la kar chord di"
(I know how it is. Your mother didn't teach you anything and now you are replying back to us. If parents don't teach anything then the child will be like this only. They couldn't handle you on their own so they just left you upon us

"Ma ji aap choti si baat ko badha rhi hai. Aap befaltu mei meri ma ko bekar bol rhi" Anuradha said slightly raising her voice not liking the bad mouthing of her parents. Ma ji didn't like her way of talking and in anger slapped Anuradha.
(Mom you are increasing the issue. Please don't speak rubbish about my parents)

"Apni jubaan Kam chala aur jake kaam kar"
(Stop talking and go do your work)

Anuradha with tears filled eyes, went from there as she knew she wouldn't be heard.

In the evening, Shiv returned from the fields along with his father who came from panchayat. As soon as he entered Anuradha gave him and her father in law water and went inside the kitchen.

"Shiv apni biwi ko samjha le" his mother said.
(Shiv talk you your wife)

"Kya hua Ma?" Shiv asked in stern voice maintaining his stoic expression not knowing the reason. He loved his mother.
(What happened mom?)

"Ek toh khud galti karti hai phir mujhe hi..." his mother started crying.
"Mujhse bolti ki mei faltu na bolu" Shiv sat beside his mother and consoled her. He was burning with anger but controlled it as he didn't want to make a show out of his relationship.
(First she commits mistake and then se says to me.. to not talk rubbish)

"Karta hu mei baat usse" he said.
(I'll talk to her)

Anuradha heard everything from the kitchen and was afraid of his reaction. She knew he loved his mother and was afraid of his reaction. She served dinner to everyone with shaking hands. She could feel his angry gaze on her.
Eating her dinner alone and then completing her work she went to her room. She was so scared to go inside. She took a deep breath and went inside.

As she entered the room she took a deep breath as Shiv was not present. She hurriedly changed her clothes and as she came out, her room's door also opened. Shiv entered the room and closed it. He came upto Anuradha and held her hands. Her eyes immediately watered as she has seen in the neighborhood how other husbands beat their wives.

"Mujhe pata nhi tha sach mei" she said meekly, her tears falling down uncontrollably.
(I really didn't know)

"Mene abhi tak kuch kaha bhi nhi. Aur tu rone lagi"
(I haven't said anything and you started crying)

She didn't reply anything.

"Meri taraf dekh" He said and she immediately looked at her raising her eyes. His expression was still neutral.
(Look at me)

"Ma ne pehli baar bola hai isiliye kuch bol nhi raha. Par yaad rakhna apni Ma ka bohot Adar karta hu mein aur dubara aisa kuch nhi sahuga" he said caressing her cheeks. They had hand prints on it. He knew his mother slapped her.
(This is the first time mom complaint that's why I am not saying anything. But remember I respect my mother a lot)

"Waise poori baat bata kya hua tha?"
(Tell me the whole incident?)

"Wo mein thak gyi thi aur mene galti se Chai mei namak daal dia tha. Toh Ma ji mere ma-baap ko bura bolne lgi. Mene bas itna hi kaha tha ki unke baare mei aisa nhi bole" she explained it to him. He nodded at her.
(I was really tired and I put salt in tea. So mom started talking bad about my parents. I just said that not speak like that about my parents)

"Dard hora hai?" (It's hurting?) He asked. She shook her head. He kissed her cheek and picked her up and took her to the bed. And in next few minutes he was over her, their clothes were gone and he was thrusting inside her like there was no tomorrow. After 2 rounds Anuradha fell asleep while Shiv looked at her. She looked beautiful to him. He cared about her. He was angry after seeing his mother cry but while he was coming to his room, his Dadi Ma called him and explained the whole ordeal. She said him to be easy on the girl as she is so young and he understood her.

Dadi Ma knew what Anuradha was going through. Anuradha had become weak in past month. She seemed tired and her eyes looked sleepy. Dadi Ma had a soft corner for her. Well today she actually saved her from Shiv's wrath.